Drone just fell out of the sky

"From what kind of responses I'm seeing a pattern with the P3P "

Ohh, that's super scientific! What pattern are you seeing? Specifically, what is your count? I think it's three so far (a very low count considering the total number of them) and you have no evidence at all that each failed for the same reason. Some pattern!

Consider this: any craft, regardless of make/model, will fall from the sky when it has a catastrophic failure (especially an electrical failure such as yours seemed to have).

No it's trashed the landing gear is buckled, and the shell is cracked bad in 3 places and who knows what it looks like on the inside. No it's toast it will turn on and start up and probably fly but not chancing it
I'll take it? .. :)

I found that battery percentage doesn't seem to matter, but the voltage does. There's a setting you can turn on so you can see your voltage as you're flying. On a windy day, if the drone has to "work hard" to fight the wind to return home, you'll see this voltage drop. At 3.6 volts, it turns yellow and at 3.5v, it turns red. From what I've read, if it drops much below 3.5v, the battery will turn itself off to "protect itself" (from what, I don't know).

I've run into this issue myself on very windy days and when it happens, I just stop whatever it's doing, let it recover some voltage (just hovering) and then continue what I was doing. The same can happen if you fly at top speeds all the time. The key is to enable that setting and keep an eye on the voltage at all times.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Is this the reason for the "warning propulsion output limited" when the voltage drops? Great info I'll keep an eye on that. I've had that happen to me on occasion on windy days.

The battery requires more voltage to lift the craft in cold air because of the density difference of the air and also because the battery just doesn't like operating in cold temperatures.
Starting a cold battery will damage it.
No it doesn't. How is it going to get more voltage from a battery? It may draw more ma from a battery under certain load conditions. The cooler dense air is actually easier to fly in as it provides more lift at a particular altitude. But the colder air is a problem for the battery to put out its max performance. . Educate yourself before you try to educate others.

No it doesn't. How is it going to get more voltage from a battery? It may draw more ma from a battery under certain load conditions. The cooler dense air is actually easier to fly in as it provides more lift at a particular altitude. But the colder air is a problem for the battery to put out its max performance. . Educate yourself before you try to educate others.
Yea. That's what I meant. More "draw" my mistake.
I think because hot air rises and cold air sinks. The bird requires more draw from the battery in the winter versus summer to lift and maintain that lift.

Last edited:
Yea. That's what I meant. More "draw" my mistake.
I think because hot air rises and cold air sinks. The bird requires more draw from the battery in the winter versus summer to lift and maintain that lift.
Sorry ...still backwards. The quad will have better lift in cooler dense air than warmer days with thinner air. On a warm day the props will have to spin faster to provide the same lift as opposed to lower rotor rpm on a cooler day. Look up density altitude on the net. That will help a lot. .

Sorry ...still backwards. The quad will have better lift in cooler dense air than warmer days with thinner air. On a warm day the props will have to spin faster to provide the same lift as opposed to lower rotor rpm on a cooler day. Look up density altitude on the net. That will help a lot. .

You're correct, but what the other poster heard and didnt quite remember is that on cold days, the battery will lose capacity (particularly if you dont preheat it). When its freezing you can easily lose about 50% of its normal capacity. Thicker air isnt going to make up for that, not even close.

You're performance , but what the other poster heard and didnt quite remember is that on cold days, the battery will lose capacity (particularly if you dont preheat it). When its freezing you can easily lose about 50% of its normal capacity. Thicker air isnt going to make up for that, not even close.
I already mentioned a cold battery will not give max performance .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20