Drone is inoperable right now. Can't downgrade my RC firmware. HELP!

Has anyone tried to downgrade the app to something like 2.7.2 and then do the update, or will that version not allow you to go to 1.8.80 anymore? I ask because I don't think we had so many problems until 2.8.x came out.

Mike

Has anyone tried to downgrade the app to something like 2.7.2 and then do the update, or will that version not allow you to go to 1.8.80 anymore? I ask because I don't think we had so many problems until 2.8.x came out.

Mike
How do you even downgrade the app?

My new P3A is coming in the mail today or tomorrow. No way in hell I am upgrading the firmware on anything until this gets sorted. Not impressed so far and I don't even have the P3 in my hands. I have been doing all the reading I can about my purchase and this issue is popping up everywhere. It needs to be addressed by DJI immediately.

Mike

Don't like quoting myself, but I thought of another option. Since this seems to be a problem with updating the RC, how about the old method of putting the micro-SD with the bin file on it inside a USB adapter and plugging that into the RC to update it that way. Does that still work (never tried it)? Just thinking out loud.

Mike

I decided to buy the Phantom based on my experience that I could get through to them and they didn't utterly suck as support. By the time I GOT the P3P they changed their US support and you can ONLY get through to tech support. There is no more pre or post sales, but you can definitely get through to tech support 100% of the time.

Call them up, ask to open a ticket, ask where you can send the description of proof and logs etc and make them resolve it. Or a boot up their arse.

I've been on their email with them. They don't seem to have a definitive answer yet as they're asking for more info right now. I think either they are not aware of how widespread this is, or they are aware, but have no immediate quick fix.

OK guys. I am going to give it my two cents worth. I had all the same problems you did. I updated my IPad software, the drone firmware to 1.8. whatever, then the Remote Control to 1.6.0. However, upon restart I continued to get the message that I needed to update the firmware. (The RC MUST be connected to a LAN). I held down C1, C2, and the Video button at the same time. While holding those three buttons down I shut the RC down. Note: The drone is NOT on. I powered on the drone and then powered on the RC. I did NOT get any messages. In the ABOUT section of the RC it showed firmware v 1.6.0. The drone flew perfectly. I hope this helps someone.

I Found when I did the four step reset of R/S it gave me two Upgrades, 1,5.8 and 1.6....Chose the !.6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.