Drone is inoperable right now. Can't downgrade my RC firmware. HELP!

I'm hoping someone can help me out. Same problem as original poster, tried the solution given by Rocketbrew. This is what I get when I use the graduate cap described. Any ideas? This is a brand new P3P. No charge on RC when I got it. Updated firmware in the AC.
cfeb5716fb360b3880fc3334e330cc0e.jpg

Yes. It was connected via wifi and I double checked that it was a strong connection and Internet was working.

Thanks for the quick response. I am not given the chance to update the RC. It updated from 1.5.70 to 1.5.80, but now it says firmware up to date even though it is 1.5.80.

Exactly my problem. It's kind of nuts that this is a problem for so many for a product that's so expensive. I am basically stuck with a non-working product right now. Was hoping to use it this weekend but can't.

Would love to see a definitive solution.

Exactly my problem. It's kind of nuts that this is a problem for so many for a product that's so expensive. I am basically stuck with a non-working product right now. Was hoping to use it this weekend but can't.

Would love to see a definitive solution.
I agree. Its unusual to have such a relatively widespread problem within our ranks for this amount of time with no clear remedy defined by the community. That "version unknown" screenshot has been posted so many times by different people in many threads. It has led to many suggestions, but nothing has seemed to bubble up yet as the go to fix.

Last edited:
My firmware updates on my P3A all went perfectly, never a hiccup. As a former network admin with countless BIOS and other flashes behind me, I always assumed that the people having problems were simply doing/did something wrong.

But, the more I read, I'm really starting to wonder. I ordered a brand new P3P on Amazon last night, and I'm a little worried about what I'm going to do when it gets here on Wednesday.

I got mine to work. I used the graduation cap fix 15-20 times and my info changed from this:
c0ccd77496aeb1ffc8ce0be87d66b9bf.jpg

To this:
71b0f08b89d9fa6e2395a69240a40931.jpg

I was then able to update the firmware:
07f1cd2776500b175aae9facf8fdde81.jpg

I got mine to work. I used the graduation cap fix 15-20 times and my info changed from this:
To this:

I was then able to update the firmware:

Did you literally just long press the cap icon 20X in a row and miraculously, it worked? That's just nuts that it randomly started working. I'll try but I'm guessing this is going to be a massive waste of time.

Did you literally just long press the cap icon 20X in a row and miraculously, it worked? That's just nuts that it randomly started working. I'll try but I'm guessing this is going to be a massive waste of time.

I've been trying and while I didn't get the result you got, I see some change. I see the below. However, this is still the current version I have and I have no option to either upgrade or downgrade. I'll keep trying and report back if anything else changes.
img_0006-png.54222

Attachments

• IMG_0006.PNG
    IMG_0006.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 635
I've been trying and while I didn't get the result you got, I see some change. I see the below. However, this is still the current version I have and I have no option to either upgrade or downgrade. What's weird is in the about section, it says I already have this version 1.5.80. I'll keep trying and report back if anything else changes.
img_0006-png.54222

img_0007-png.54223

Attachments

• IMG_0007.PNG
    IMG_0007.PNG
    120.7 KB · Views: 670
I did the graduation cap, turned off the controller, closed out the app (IOS), waited a minute (approx time), started the controller, started the app, did the graduation cap etc. I did this while on hold with DJI support to get an RMA.

I must have gotten lucky. I started the rc update, and it hung up-beeping, blue light flashing, but no message, nothing saying it was updating or failed to update. After about 20 minutes, I did what you're not supposed to do and shut off the rc. I turned it back on, and it gave me a message that hardware had a problem, call Dji. Doh!!! Well, I turned it off,plugged it into the charger a let it fully charge. Turned it back on, and was able to successfully download the update, but still had the hardware fail message. I got another message that update had downloaded and to press start to install. I did so, it updated with no issue, I rebooted and voila! Back in business.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20