Drone Insurance

Headed to sign papers and pay my first year on my new personal property policy with my local State Farm that covers our P4 Black. No deductable. $60/yr. Thanks to this thread/forum! And thanks to the other thread outlining a few uncontrollable fly aways... hahaha. Need to do a pre flight check list to limit exposure seems like.
An updater. I passed on the info on this forum to my State Farm Agent. She checked and admitted that the info tat she got and gave me was wrong. They DO cover drones on Personal Articles Policies. Here's what she says: "The policy covers sudden or accidental damage. Every claim will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Damage will be covered but only by the covered perils that are listed on the policy. Please see the attached policy booklet for further details on what is and what is not covered.". I've attached the State Farm Sample Policy. Hope that helps. I've asked her if the drone crashes, is that covered? I'll post her response here.

Attachments

• 2016-12-27 State Farm SAMPLE Personal Property PERSONA ARTICLES.pdf
    307.2 KB · Views: 1,801
An updater. I passed on the info on this forum to my State Farm Agent. She checked and admitted that the info tat she got and gave me was wrong. They DO cover drones on Personal Articles Policies. Here's what she says: "The policy covers sudden or accidental damage. Every claim will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Damage will be covered but only by the covered perils that are listed on the policy. Please see the attached policy booklet for further details on what is and what is not covered.". I've attached the State Farm Sample Policy. Hope that helps. I've asked her if the drone crashes, is that covered? I'll post her response here.

I just paid the premium and have policy in hand. I was told it covers, loss, damage, theft, fire and "mysterious loss" No liability.

Just got some insurance for my p4p from my local State Farm today as well. It surprised me that they knew what I was talking about. Paid 60 a year and she explained it covers almost everything, loss, theft, ect...
Austin, Texas area.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: GHall
This is great that we can get coverage! Just two questions for those of you with policy's:

1. Is there a deductible you have to pay in the event you have to make a claim? (If so, what is it?)

2. Does coverage handle potential lawsuits if your drone finds its way into the side of someone's face, window, car or any other type of property/ personal damage?

Thanks all in advance!

This is great that we can get coverage! Just two questions for those of you with policy's:

1. Is there a deductible you have to pay in the event you have to make a claim? (If so, what is it?)

2. Does coverage handle potential lawsuits if your drone finds its way into the side of someone's face, window, car or any other type of property/ personal damage?

Thanks all in advance!

No deductable and no liability.

I've just got this insurance myself, I'll have to see if I can get liability insurance with it because it's not part of it

I just contacted my homeowners insurance (Travelers). The drone is automatically covered under my homeowners as personal property, full liability and loss under the terms of that policy... It carries a $500 deductible... Seems prudent for me to contact another company and see if I can get a no deductible policy for UAV's along with my Homeowners.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Having the zero deductible is great. I want to look into a policy with liability though. I'm a bit paranoid in case the Phantom has an identity crisis mid flight and decides it should have been born a paper weight!

Reactions: cstout
Having the zero deductible is great. I want to look into a policy with liability though. I'm a bit paranoid in case the Phantom has an identity crisis mid flight and decides it should have been born a paper weight!

The real question is how much damage do you anticipate doing with a drone. Especially if you have the worst luck and hits a person

The real question is how much damage do you anticipate doing with a drone. Especially if you have the worst luck and hits a person

Damage can be minimal however lawsuits can fly higher than any drone ever will. I'm just being overly cautious.

Well when I say damages I mean damages In terms of fines/lawsuits how much protection is needed for a drone?

I don't know. I like the prices of these policies though at only $60 a year. Def seems worth it even for just making sure your drone is taken care of in the event of a crash/ damage.

I don't know. I like the prices of these policies though at only $60 a year. Def seems worth it even for just making sure your drone is taken care of in the event of a crash/ damage.

That's just personal articles insurance. Basically it's the same as insuring an expensive camera or piece of jewelry.

Covered for basically everything except liability insurance. It would need to be separate because how often does someone's priceless family heirloom or fancy camera cause damage? That's why it's got to be separate

For liability insurance you can use Verifly which is liability insurance by the hour up to $1M for $10-$25/hr. Seems kind of expensive but I haven't quoted a true liability policy to know for sure.

For liability insurance you can use Verifly which is liability insurance by the hour up to $1M for $10-$25/hr. Seems kind of expensive but I haven't quoted a true liability policy to know for sure.

I was considering Verifly as well in order to use after getting 107 but it seems like AMA membership is a better option for the folks in US

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers