Drone insurance

Reaction score
He may have been pulling my leg but a coworker told me that you have to have insurance on your drone before you can fly it. Anyone else heard anything like this?

A lot of people get insurance when doing commercial work. If you're flying safely and away from all people, then you should be fine.

Check out the fine details on that insurance. It's pretty much worthless unless you're flying at an AMA field.

I was curious about this as well. I mean is it good to have or fine without it as long as your flying safely?

I heard some cities require you to have AMA, at least I was planning to fly in Long Beach, CA this comign weekend but heard they require AMA so I guess that plan is shot.

So I'm assuming if my homeowners don't cover it, AMA covers it all?
Right, but make sure you go through the AMA Safety Code with a fine tooth comb. I would imagine very few people successfully get the AMA to cover their claims when not flying at an AMA field. And, consult with the AMA directly if you have any doubts.

Right, but make sure you go through the AMA Safety Code with a fine tooth comb. I would imagine very few people successfully get the AMA to cover their claims when not flying at an AMA field. And, consult with the AMA directly if you have any doubts.

I'll do my research. I never thought I'd even think about getting an AMA but maybe it makes sense just in case. I thought I was done spending money on my P2...LoL.

Just curious....do most Phantom Pilots have an AMA membership?

do most Phantom Pilots have an AMA membership?
I've never seen a poll, but I would assume not. There seem to be very few benefits for quadcopter pilots.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20