Drone insurance

Reaction score
I noticed there are a number of professional photographers on the forum so I thought I'd share this

Professional Photographers Association has a decent deal on insurance that includes drone coverage first you need to have a membership. I just recently rejoined just for the insurance. I just joined at the base level for $17 a month the I purchased the Photo Care plus insurance. The premium is based on you scheduled items. Basically you get $8000 coverage for $175 and for each additional $1000 it's $22. I covered about $10k in camera gear and my P4P for $315 a year with a flat $250 deductible. It cover fire theft, damage and "unexplained disappearance ". This is for replacement cost no depreciation. Pretty solid deal in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

****. As an amateur I got $5000 coverage for $31 per year. No deducible, replacement cost. Includes unexplained disappearance.

Do you know the turn around time if you crash? We were on the fence about hull coverage and decided against it. We shoot almost everyday and couldn't afford to be down a week or so waiting for an insurance claim. So we just keep cash on hand just in case. I was thinking of buying a back up P4, but I don't think that's the wisest of choices givin how fast the tech is moving.

I use VeriFly... They now have 2.5 million in coverage and 107 integration. It's really a nice service and easy to use on smartphone.

I use VeriFly... They now have 2.5 million in coverage and 107 integration. It's really a nice service and easy to use on smartphone.

Unfortunately, they do not offer hull.

Verifly is only worthwhile if used less than 6 times per month.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic