Drone insurance

Which Phantom do you own?

I personally been using Verifly for commercial, it's just convenient for me right now.

Do a search on the forum for "State Farm" - many folks (my self included) have a policy with them ($60 per year) that covers damage, theft, and mysterious loss. At $5 per month, it's a bargain if for no other reason than peace of mind while flying.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: antnyp85
I will try to answer in order:
No, hobbyist
Phantom 3 professional
All-liability, loss ,damaged

Speaking for myself, I called State Farms local agency regarding drone insurance and they had no idea. The nice lady did call me back after speaking with an adjuster to tell me that it could be added to my homeowners policy if I was insured by them. Not worth the bother for me.

Neary Aerial Media in Kentucky will insure my P3S against damage or crashes for $129 annually. They require recent flight data to rule out pre-existing damages. I did not ask about liability.

GW

Speaking for myself, I called State Farms local agency regarding drone insurance and they had no idea. The nice lady did call me back after speaking with an adjuster to tell me that it could be added to my homeowners policy if I was insured by them. Not worth the bother for me.

Neary Aerial Media in Kentucky will insure my P3S against damage or crashes for $129 annually. They require recent flight data to rule out pre-existing damages. I did not ask about liability.

GW
That nice lady either didn't know what she was talking about, or she was trying to upsale you to a home owners policy. This is a personal property policy and you don't have to have another policy with them. Check with another agent in your area.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've contacted the only State Farm agent in my state (MA). Actually called twice in case the first person was wrong. Each person told me they don't insure drones in MA and RI. So... the search continues. Any suggestions for an insurance company that offers the same coverage that SF does? I'd like to be covered for fire, theft, fly aways and crashes. I'm also looking into liability but want the peace of mind incase something happens to the bird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1