Drone Insurance is Real :)

I dont think DJI coverage is that good...Can anyone confirm that StateFarm is not available in Canada 100% ?
I can confirm it's no longer available in Cali but she said it all depends on the underwriter that day. You get one that is anti-drone (like most of the non-drone using world) and you probably will get a reject and they'll give you some stupid reason like "there is no class for that yet".

Reactions: isopro
Just got my Drone insured in new jersey but the only thing is she says they won't cover it if I crash it but the cover it if its lost or stolen [emoji848] but if I crash it and can't find it then its "lost"

Reactions: GKPK
Just called my local office, they said no after she just asked someone else in her office quoting they had just recently inquired for someone else. I said that's fine, obviously there is disconnect somewhere as I know people (all of you on this thread :) ) that have coverage through state farm and I'll just go through the 800 #. She was then quick to say she'll call underwriting... waiting for the call back.

Can confirm that it's available in Michigan. I've been in the process of insuring mine the past 2 days, just sent them over a copy of the receipt. I'll be paying $60/year.

Edit: was initially told $55 and the agent had to call with a correction, saying minimum is $60.

Last edited:
Just called my local office, they said no after she just asked someone else in her office quoting they had just recently inquired for someone else. I said that's fine, obviously there is disconnect somewhere as I know people (all of you on this thread :) ) that have coverage through state farm and I'll just go through the 800 #. She was then quick to say she'll call underwriting... waiting for the call back.

I read stories like this too. So what I did to try and avoid that, I said that I was referred to a friend who got his Drone insured through State Farm and was told that it's a new option as of January 2016. The part about January 2016 really helps - if they aren't sure, they'll be more inclined to look. The person I talked to checked while I was on the phone and was surprised they had something for it.

$75 here in Florida. They said they'll insure it as long as it's not commercial. Not sure how that's determined... but so far seems to be the highest out of all quotes you guys have mentioned.

Reactions: maseman88
What about AZ? Already talked to one "agent" and they said no

Just got an email back from a local agent in Tucson. Same stipulations as the others... around 60 and copy of original receipt. First he said they didn't and then I got an email back saying they did.

FYI State Farm offers the insurance in Wisconsin. I had the same experience as most others. Agent didn't know about it, immediately called underwriting and that was it. I've had the insurance for about a month or two now. I also do not have any other insurance with them. I think I'm better off not having any other policy's with them to raise, should I have a claim on the Drone Insurance. Maybe it wouldn't matter.

Got it for $45 for the year through State Farm in VA , the agent I talked with said it would cover crashes.
Just a heads up - I was told $55 a few days ago and then the agent called me back a few hours later and apologized, says that the minimum they can charge is actually $60. Curious though if that is just a state minimum, or for everyone.

Does anybody know if deductibles apply?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Seems like $60 is the minimum, regardless of property value, however, you can also add all drone accessories, extra batteries, bag/case and other personal property items. I was told the cost is $1.25/ hundred dollars of items listed value. Some people add their SLR Cameras to the same policy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj