Drone Insurance is Real :)

Reaction score
Heard about people getting their Drones insured via State Farm so I gave my local agent a call about it today.

I told him others have received insurance on their Drone and I wanted to do the same if possible. He had never heard of this before and sounded like it was no possible but said he would check with underwriting to make sure.

He called me back about 30 mins later and said YES we can do that.

He asked if it was under 55 pounds and if I was using it for hobby use or commercial use and I said hobby.

The minimum premium fee via State Farm is $60 per year but the drone at $1500 for the P4 would only be $30 a year so I still have to pay the $60 per year to do it so he recommened I insure other stuff like my laptop which I thought was a great idea also.

I asked him how the process would go if I needed to make a claim and he said to just give him a call and let him know that it was lost, stolen, broke, or what ever and they would send me a new one or cut a check for it with no deductible. If I get a new unit then I need to make a new policy for the new drone which would only be another $60 at the most.

So it sounded to good to be true but it looks like its real.

He said all they will need is a receipt for the purchase of the drone, the Make and Model, and a serial number if it has one. No need to bring the drone in.

Not sure how many times they would cover a lost drone and I don't intend to abuse the system but its really nice to know if you loose the drone you get a new one and get to keep the controller and charger and anything else that you didn't loose.

Hope this helps somebody else out before it's too late :)

Is this just a stand alone policy or do you have other insurance with State Farm and its like an add on ?
thanks

Is this just a stand alone policy or do you have other insurance with State Farm and its like an add on ?
thanks

I have no business with State Farm and the agent asked me that first.

So he said yes we can do that even if it was the only policy I had with them.

It's a no brainier deal if you ask me.

I'll be calling them tomeorow

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

thats not a bad deal, compare to the $300 DJI.com insurance. Im thinking looking into that. I dont want to deal with support at dji.com, its like pulling teeth! and takes forever to get something done, especially on returns. or coupons.

Me too. Thank you for the info

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Heard about people getting their Drones insured via State Farm so I gave my local agent a call about it today.

I told him others have received insurance on their Drone and I wanted to do the same if possible. He had never heard of this before and sounded like it was no possible but said he would check with underwriting to make sure.

He asked if it was under 55 pounds and if I was using it for hobby use or commercial use and I said hobby.

The minimum premium fee via State Farm is $60 per year but the drone at $1500 for the P4 would only be $30 a year so I still have to pay the $60 per year to do it so he recommened I insure other stuff like my laptop which I thought was a great idea also.

I asked him how the process would go if I needed to make a claim and he said to just give him a call and let him know that it was lost, stolen, broke, or what ever and they would send me a new one or cut a check for it with no deductible. If I get a new unit then I need to make a new policy for the new drone which would only be another $60 at the most.

He said all they will need is a receipt for the purchase of the drone, the Make and Model, and a serial number if it has one. No need to bring the drone in.

Not sure how many times they would cover a lost drone and I don't intend to abuse the system but its really nice to know if you loose the drone you get a new one and get to keep the controller and charger and anything else that you didn't loose.

Sounds like this covers you and the property. Does this cover other people or property in event you crash it and there is damage or injury? Just something to consider.

Sounds like this covers you and the property. Does this cover other people or property in event you crash it and there is damage or injury? Just something to consider.

This just covers the Drone from loss, damage, or theft with no deductible.

It does not cover liability but they may offer that also, didn't ask.

I also have mine insured through State Farm. I had my camera and lens insured on a separate policy than our automotive and house. They wanted to know what kind of drone I had and if the camera was removable. I told them the camera wasn't removable and give them the make, model and serial number. Cost about $60 a year, no problem! Just had it added to my camera policy.

I have no business with State Farm and the agent asked me that first.

So he said yes we can do that even if it was the only policy I had with them.

It's a no brainier deal if you ask me.

Great thanks, i"ll be calling them tomorrow, even though i have DJI care its worth an extra $60 from what ive been reading about DJI support!

Spoke to an old friend from high school that is a State Farm rep in the area. He confirmed. I'm getting it tomorrow.

I just got back from my local State Farm, one a mile up the road. Cost me $41 (there's no minimum premium fee in VA yet, it may be different in other states) From going in to coming out with a copy of the insurance took me 15 minutes:) Thanks to the original poster for this.

I had to go to 4 State Farm offices before I found one that would do it and I am sure they all call the same underwriter so not sure about the inconsistency but don't be surprised if your office says no.

Then I cancelled my DJI Care BS.

I had to go to 4 State Farm offices before I found one that would do it and I am sure they all call the same underwriter so not sure about the inconsistency but don't be surprised if your office says no.

Then I cancelled my DJI Care BS.

Do you get a refund when you cancel it ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4