Drone insurance in Ontario Canada.

Customers in Western Canada- Calvin Reich at Capri Insurance, Central & Eastern Canada- Mike King at Intercity Insurance or Belinda Bryce at The Magnes Group inc.
I just got these names from Micheal Vernassal of Zurich Canada, Zurich will only cover power generation, mining, or construction operators, right now.
He suggested these alternative Co's for liability in Canada for the local photographer or videographer.

Last edited:
Yeah, my quote was $700/drone for liability. Wasn't happy with the per drone part and since I never know which one I'll put up on any given day and never have more than one in the air at a time and they all have pretty well the same odds of a mishap. To insure all 5 would have cost $3500.00 for the year.

Yeah, my quote was $700/drone for liability. Wasn't happy with the per drone part and since I never know which one I'll put up on any given day and never have more than one in the air at a time and they all have pretty well the same odds of a mishap. To insure all 5 would have cost $3500.00 for the year.
who was the insurance from?

I asked at brokerlink and they sent me an application and it has intact's name on the top.Havn't had a chance to fill it out yet.

That was over a year ago, so things are (most likely) happening pretty fast in this sector of insurance. Should be more and more of a buyer's market as we go along .....

Between a combination of deductible, and a claim against your policy, I just don't know that it would be worth it.

I don't have any personal experience with this but I do have friends here in Ontario that have been advised that two claims in a year can result in forfeiture of insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't have anymore room in my pockets for insurance/scam greed!! To many hands on there now!

I'm in New Brunswick and just got my $1,000,000 liability at just over $500 from Drone Insurance Depot.
Surprised to learn it covers both recreational and commercial flying.
This also covers a PHANTOM 3 4k and Inspire 1 V2.0

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers