drone insurance by the hour

When you go to file a claim, what information does your company need for me to send?

From: What information do I need to report a claim? - Verifly Support

First, you must notify the Policy Issuing Office shown on the Declarations page of the policy as soon as practicable of an occurrence or offense that may result in a claim or suit. To the extent possible, notice should include: a) how and when the occurrence or offence took place; b) the names and addresses of any injured persons and witnesses; c) the nature and location of any injury or damage arising out of the occurrence or offence. If a claim is made or suit is brought against you as the insured, you and any other involved insured (such as your company), must a) immediately record the specifics of the claim or suit and date received; and b) send copies of any demands, notices, summonses, or legal papers received in connection with the claim or suit to the Policy Issuing Office shown in the Declarations.

Reactions: Falcon900
Currently there is only $1mm but a $2.5mm option is coming.

Jay
Thanks Jay. I watched the above live stream and got some answers. Looking forward to NY coming online and by all means, keep looking into the daylight only waiver for night flights. That is a HUGE one for me. Thanks again.

Thanks Jay. I watched the above live stream and got some answers. Looking forward to NY coming online and by all means, keep looking into the daylight only waiver for night flights. That is a HUGE one for me. Thanks again.
Thanks!!!! We are working on a big update to the way we manage our airspace which will make it more flexible and support the new 107 waivers including night.

Jay

Thanks!!!! We are working on a big update to the way we manage our airspace which will make it more flexible and support the new 107 waivers including night.

Jay
Awesome! This is really gonna be a huge home run for me in my situation. I work for a premier 'event' company for 30 years and even though being a drone pilot wasn't on my radar (pun!) two years ago, when they got interested in aerial photography of the events- which are at night- I stepped up to the plate. Been flying ever since. Studying for my 107 shortly, hopefully night waiver will be all good, and if varifly makes being covered this easy, I just may get to look like superman to my bosses after all, lol! I have the app and I'm keeping an eye out for the NY area. But we operate all over the country and internationally as well, so as varifly expands it will continue to serve us better. Smiling...over insurance? Get outa town! :cool:

Hey y'all...We've started posting a drone video of the day on Verifly's Facebook and Twitter. Amazing landscapes, fireworks, racing and since we are an insurance company, the occasional epic crash.

We are #VeriflyMe for both.

Hey all

We've started sharing some details on some of our upcoming features, so I wanted to share the list here:

Higher liability limits: For some jobs or flights, $1,000,000 isn’t enough coverage, so we will be rolling out a $2,500,000 option.

Longer time periods: For many flights, an hour is the perfect amount of time but many of you do full or half-day shoots and want the convenience of buying one insurance policy. So we will soon be offering 4-hour and 8-hour Verifly policies.

Larger areas: We will be offering a new option to purchase coverage over a half-mile radius.

COA Authorization: Whether you have a Part 107, a 333 exemption or permission from a local property owner, we are adding a certification system to the app so that you can get coverage in places where you have authorization to fly.

Certificate of Insurance Membership: Commercial clients often want to see proof of insurance in advance of a job, so we will be offering a certificate that you can share with your clients in advance of buying a Verifly policy on the job-site.

How will these features work for your businesses?

Hey all

We've started sharing some details on some of our upcoming features, so I wanted to share the list here:

Higher liability limits: For some jobs or flights, $1,000,000 isn’t enough coverage, so we will be rolling out a $2,500,000 option.

Longer time periods: For many flights, an hour is the perfect amount of time but many of you do full or half-day shoots and want the convenience of buying one insurance policy. So we will soon be offering 4-hour and 8-hour Verifly policies.

Larger areas: We will be offering a new option to purchase coverage over a half-mile radius.

COA Authorization: Whether you have a Part 107, a 333 exemption or permission from a local property owner, we are adding a certification system to the app so that you can get coverage in places where you have authorization to fly.

Certificate of Insurance Membership: Commercial clients often want to see proof of insurance in advance of a job, so we will be offering a certificate that you can share with your clients in advance of buying a Verifly policy on the job-site.

Wow, this definitely cements my use of Verifly. I love these changes.

Reactions: David Bercovich
Hey Verifly et al,
Thanks for this service and I have to say, after reading the threads on YuneecPilots, InspirePilots and now PhantomPilots, you guys are putting in your forum time! I just wanted to second William Gaddy's comments over at InspirePilots concerning surveying/mapping coverage area. Ilike your 1/2 mile coverage better than the 1/4 mile, but I'd like to see coverage out to three miles. I work in the timber industry and I occassionaly fly that far for recon purposes and although there isn't much to wreck in the woods if something were happen to my spotter or anyone/thing else then ... That brings up the hull damage aspect which I think is important.

Reactions: David Bercovich
Hey Verifly et al,
Thanks for this service and I have to say, after reading the threads on YuneecPilots, InspirePilots and now PhantomPilots, you guys are putting in your forum time! I just wanted to second William Gaddy's comments over at InspirePilots concerning surveying/mapping coverage area. Ilike your 1/2 mile coverage better than the 1/4 mile, but I'd like to see coverage out to three miles. I work in the timber industry and I occassionaly fly that far for recon purposes and although there isn't much to wreck in the woods if something were happen to my spotter or anyone/thing else then ... That brings up the hull damage aspect which I think is important.
Thanks Tree Boy,

We are getting amazing customer feedback, so really happy that these forums offer such a great opportunity to talk to customers.

I've logged your comments and they make sense for both larger coverage areas and potentially differently shaped coverage areas. We are also looking into hull coverage down the line so glad to hear that that would be of interest.
Cheers
David

Reactions: treeboy
Thanks Tree Boy,

We are getting amazing customer feedback, so really happy that these forums offer such a great opportunity to talk to customers.

I've logged your comments and they make sense for both larger coverage areas and potentially differently shaped coverage areas. We are also looking into hull coverage down the line so glad to hear that that would be of interest.
Cheers
David
Oh, I downloaded the app and "signed up" and I'll be using Verifly soon, it's just the other aspects (Increased time, distance and coverage) are also required and I'd prefer not to have to deal with a brick-and-mortar place when this seems like the solution. thanks again.

Hey all

Any time frame on the update to Verifly?

no New York yet?

Hi Klnyc

We are waiting for approval from the state insurance commission. Unfortunately, I don't have timeline to share other than that we will push the app live as soon as we have permission from the State.

Sorry for the delay. We are very excited to get up and running in NY (and in the few other states where we aren't live yet).

Looks like "flyaways" are even covered if determined not to have been caused by the PIC. Nice.
Yes - we felt that this was a very important coverage element that we are very happy to provide. Here's the FAQ if anyone wants to check it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl