Drone hits plane at Heathrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just a heads up, Airbus hit by drone, everyone in the uk will now have to be licensed to fly a drone you wait and see, tough restrictions will be made. Was it you.....................!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: helferich.jason
Very short piece on the BBC national news which will now grow no doubt. I just wonder how the pilot would see a small UAV aircraft whilst travelling at 185mph.

I read the article written by the Independent. If this is the Heathrow incident you are referring to, it is not confirmed it was a drone. It was only thought to be a drone. Investigation is still ongoing. The Airbus was undamaged and cleared by the airline engineers to fly it's next flight, no repairs necessary.

I read the article written by the Independent. If this is the Heathrow incident you are referring to, it is not confirmed it was a drone. It was only thought to be a drone. Investigation is still ongoing. The Airbus was undamaged and cleared by the airline engineers to fly it's next flight, no repairs necessary.

The facts or truth don't matter anymore. From the article they are already screaming for regulations.

The facts or truth don't matter anymore. From the article they are already screaming for regulations.

Sadly you are correct - I don't believe this article for a minute. The media are doing their very best to kill the hobby.
Remember all the fuss when mobile phone's first had cameras? Only sick perverts owned them! They were banned in all sorts of places. Then of course they became mainstream.
Sadly drones are a fringe hobby albeit a very big one so they will never become as accepted!

I understand what you are saying. It's all emotions. Nothing realistic anymore. No reason, no logic, no objectivity.

Let the investigation prove it was a drone that was hit by the landing aircraft. I frankly find it hard to believe someone would be so blatantly stupid to risk such serious consequences.

This was recently discussed here. Be sure and check the search or look at the suggested post at the bottom as you are crafting yours. ;)
Thread closed. Please comment further here - Was it a drone? British airways flight

duplicate_content.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31