Drone grave yard business....?

Reaction score
Was thinking just now, that as with any kind of hobby, like this one, huge volumes of drones are coming out to customers, and almost certain a good percentage of them end up broken, unused, unclaimed to the manufacturer, put on a closet, etc etc.....
On the other side, we have drone enthusiasts (us!) who are always looking for spare parts, accessories, used or new parts that we need for repair, or just for a personal project.
One should start a business, like the ones for the junk yard cars, where you can get any part of a DJI drone (in this case). With spare time and some money, one could start buying all this damaged, storage, forgotten drones, and become the master of "drone buy and sell"new and used parts.
Just a thought, (seems I am not too busy this morning :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner
It's an interesting idea. How would one easily acquire a countless number of drones to use for parts?

Buy the crashed ones on eBay, Craigslist etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy the crashed ones on eBay, Craigslist etc
Yes -- but, not as easily done. If you could make people come to you instead (e.g. Gazelle), then you might have something.

Yeap, it does take time and a goodwill of people looking into their old stuff.
Look at your garages or closets: full of other startup hobby projects that either ended up in the basement, or lost interest. But think about it, for now the hobby has a price limit (for smart Gps drones), but with the business booming,?just like the cell phone industry, soon will have thousands of these for a fairly accessible price, then this would become a huge volume business!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20