Drone freezing P3 (or any drone) gun

Nickyb have your bought a P3 yet?
Nope not yet, although I do have knowledge of UAVs from the past.

Hoping to get a P3P pro, but a few things are holding me back at the moment, they are:

1. If there is a new addition to the DJI/Phantom 3 family in the run up to Christmas

2. New firmware update later this month, with likely 'new restrictions'

Hoping to get a P3P pro, but a few things are holding me back at the moment, they are:

1. If there is a new addition to the DJI/Phantom 3 family in the run up to Christmas

Oh man your missing out on so much fun...your holding yourself back from a P3 by reading up on unnecessary articles and stories.

You need to go out there and get yourself a P3 before you miss out on all the fun, remember if you buy from Maplins you can always exchange it.

Now strap your belt and go get yourself a P3.

I'm no MBA but it's getting a bit late to expect a new Phantom variant before X-mas.
It takes time to fill the supply chains.
There would be rumors, 'leaks', spy-shots, and other 'teases' out there as well as price drops in the 'old' stuff.

They are so far ahead of anything available or announced that they may be focusing on other areas of the business (non-drone stuff like Osmo).

$0.02

Oh man your missing out on so much fun...your holding yourself back from a P3 by reading up on unnecessary articles and stories.

You need to go out there and get yourself a P3 before you miss out on all the fun, remember if you buy from Maplins you can always exchange it.

Now strap your belt and go get yourself a P3.
Good point about maplins.

I'm no MBA but it's getting a bit late to expect a new Phantom variant before X-mas.
It takes time to fill the supply chains.
There would be rumors, 'leaks', spy-shots, and other 'teases' out there as well as price drops in the 'old' stuff.

They are so far ahead of anything available or announced that they may be focusing on other areas of the business (non-drone stuff like Osmo).

$0.02
Good point, I'll get my Phantom as soon as the next Firmware is released this month...I'm always over causes when it comes to tech stuff.

What this will do to phantoms is throw them into RTH. For craft flown manually without gps it will likely cause them to crash. Worst case scenario is it will crash in the direction that they don't want it to. Kinda pointless tbh.

What this will do to phantoms is throw them into RTH. For craft flown manually without gps it will likely cause them to crash. Worst case scenario is it will crash in the direction that they don't want it to. Kinda pointless tbh.
Maybe more for terrorist drone activity, like government buildings and other sensitive areas.

A terrorist with the know-how to rig up a flying bomb would probably also know how to install and use something like a pixhawk and set a waypoint from a super long distance away. I guess what Im saying is that they need something to actually physically disable aircraft since radio jamming won't do much in that scenario.

Saw this on the BBC....one way to keep to NFZs!

UK firms develop drone-freezing ray - BBC News

Brilliant. ????? Let's send projectiles willy nilly through the air to knock down consumer drones.
What could possibly go wrong?
The government's form of "hold my beer and watch this"

"The US Army recently demonstrated a prototype weapon which fires special projectiles at UAVs to damage them.
These projectiles can be steered on approach to the drone, which is tracked on the ground with radar.
Once close enough, warheads on the projectiles can be detonated, theoretically destroying the target vehicle."

Yeah jamming the drone signal makes no sense. It will just turn around and fly home.

And if you shoot it or otherwise cause it crash its just going to land on somebody's head, making things worse then leaving it alone.

Yeah jamming the drone signal makes no sense. It will just turn around and fly home.

And if you shoot it or otherwise cause it crash its just going to land on somebody's head, making things worse then leaving it alone.
What he said!

Jamming a signal is no different that loosing a signal. RTH works great! The EU is SOOO on top of things!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues