Drone flying is banned for 10 days in Panama!

Reaction score
As crazy as it may sound. The Panamanian version of the FAA banned drone flying as of last Sunday for 10 days while the VII Summit of the Americas is taking place. The absurd ruling applies to the whole country with the excuse of maintaining the airspace open for any of the delegations. As if you are miles away from the center of the city where the event is taking place will create airspace congestion. Go figure...

Cheers,

Charlie

I feel for you, if you're actually there Charlieb, as I do all those who are affected. Drones aren't the only thing which will be shut down. Some stuff is more important than getting a flying fix. Easy for me to say living in the middle of nowhere and never even seeing the Governor in the neighborhood.

It's a small sacrifice to make if they do any good for the children of the future. ;)

Hi guys, I just recently moved to Panama and unfortunately all the drone rules are in Spanish as of my checking. Can anybody point me to the english version of it or possibly break it down for me quickly. I live in Costa Del Este and I've seen some people fly RC Helicopters, I just want to make sure about my Phantom 3 and Inspire. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic