Drone flying at 9000 feet interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gimme a break! 9000 ft alt and that far out over water, that had to be some big a$$ drone! And why the weird reverse course move? Standard evasion procedures would be a simple turn to the right and then return to course. This guy did a 180 then a couple of miles another 180 back to his original heading.. You don't turn your back on a potential collision. Article says they 'approached' the object, so was it stationary, flying toward or away, how fast were they approaching? Smells to me!

Are there many recreational drones that will go to 9000feet ?
Yes the "could " is taken as "was" the way it reads

With that kind of deviation, 1 hard turn then a few miles later another equally hard turn, there must have been 2 Drones ... *sarcasim*

Maybe at that speed it makes sense ...

Last edited:
I wouldn't read too much into the flightaware track. I see some crazy tracks on that app all the time.

Military base East of Toronto, It is odd that there have been 3-4 flights in the last week all reporting seeing "flying objects" all East of Toronto.
All seem to be at 2500ft & higher, that's gotta be Military grade no?

Surely you must feel more comfortable with the knowledge that an alien invasion isn't imminent now though? Hmm 9000 feet .....could be a scout drone from the mothership??

I wanted to see a video of an actual drone at 9k.

Funny, I could be at 10,860 feet 30 minutes from my house, and much higher once I launch. Just might get your video of a drone at 9000 feet yet! Ye gads, I could do this, and still remain below 400'!

Funny, I could be at 10,860 feet 30 minutes from my house, and much higher once I launch. Just might get your video of a drone at 9000 feet yet! Ye gads, I could do this, and still remain below 400'!
You would be 10,860 above sea level but not above ground level (AGL). Now 9K AGL is something. requires software hack to be almost 2 miles AGL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31