Drone flyaway

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP ME GUYS I AM A WOMAN AND DONT UNDERSTAND THOSE THINGS LIKE YOU!!!!!
What hapenned?

2 Days ago I went to fly my Phantom 3 Advanced.I am not very experienced pilot,but learned to fly good enough to cover the reason I am /was using my dron.(real estate aerial photography)
I live on small island Sint Maarten in Caribbean.....I took of straigh from parking lot(calibrate,upgrade firmware etc. Prior the flight)and was flying around the cliff and taking photos.
I kept loosing signal always for few mins.
The display went to black and white and then back to normal.I decide to bring drone rather back to me coz this never happened before.When i was flying back to landing point my screen went black and white..signal lost and that was it
I try to press the emergency landing button....it was beeping but my screen remain dead.I was hopelesly waiting if my drone gonna land by me on home point back.IT DIDNT
I search the area with gps.....no luck.
It showed me that it landed on nice spot,wit grass cut like on golf court...5metres from the hotel resort apartment jacuzzi where was the moment when it landed 5 american tourists saying they saw drone around but nothing landed around:(
SO TWO QUESTIONS.....1).IS THERE A BETTER WAY...MORE RELIABLE HOW TO LOCATED,RIGHT NEXT TO THE SPOT WHERE IT LANDED ARE 3 HUGE SATELITES BELONGS TO THE RESORT..SO CAN BE THE POSITION INACURATE?
2) IN CASE THAT THE PEOPLE THERE TOOK IT STOLE IT.WHATS ARE MY RIGHTS WHAT I can do?

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU FOR ANY HINT OR ADVISE.
PETRA

Attachments

• fr_2016-08-21-18:37:42.jpg
    fr_2016-08-21-18:37:42.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 546
Welcome to the forum. ;-)
Hopefully, you had your ID or phone number attached to the drone?
Likely there will be several others who may help shed light on this.

RedHotPoker

Lot's of questions. Did you have a home point set, and a RTH altitude set properly? What do you mean by "Emergency land button"? Auto Land? Return to Home?
I think she got nervous and hit auto land so down it went where well that's a search and find thing

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

It's called a glitch in firmware and DJI will not back you up. If you set the return home point, it should have landed there regardless of loss of signal. If you calibrated your compass, it acknowledged your home point was set, GPS was set, and you were promoted that it was safe to fly, it should have landed where it took off from and returned to home.

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS I AM A WOMAN AND DONT UNDERSTAND THOSE THINGS LIKE YOU!!!!!
What happened?
It's hard to tell from the information you have given but flight data may provide some help.
Your app has a "black box" data recorder that can probably explain what happened.
If you want to learn from the experience and be able to avoid similar occurrences:

Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here will probably be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident and perhaps point you to a likely area to search for the Phantom.

It's called a glitch in firmware and DJI will not back you up. If you set the return home point, it should have landed there regardless of loss of signal. If you calibrated your compass, it acknowledged your home point was set, GPS was set, and you were promoted that it was safe to fly, it should have landed where it took off from and returned to home.
It's unlikely to have anything to do with a firmware problem at all.
Calibrating the compass is unrelated to setting homepoint and there are lots of possible reasons that the Phantom did not return home.
For a couple of examples, there are obstacles in the RTH path or wind that is too strong for RTH speed.

can you not check the hotel CCTV as the camera may be high enough on the building to see it land

No...that i ask like a first ...but this us caribbean no body gives a **** so they told me they have no camera that direction .....of course i went to check it and they dont

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31