Drone fly sights

Reaction score
I live in West Houston and just got my first real drone. A P3 Pro. Microcenter has them for $699. I just applied for my license and uploaded B4Ufly and now realize how few areas there are to fly it legally without going through approval from heliports etc. Does anyone live in the Houston area and know some good places to fly? Or Sugar Land.

don't look at that app b4ufly it is ridicules check out uav forecast much better

Reactions: mcajr37 and Krazzor
Looks good on UAV, I've only been there once but there's some great spots along the coast, taking the ferry's and such :)
Untitled.png

Reactions: flpholt
Hello my friends I live in west Houston and am looking for a few places to fly I got the phantom 3 pro an the yuneec q4k I love both of them specially the phantom

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BigAl07
Please read the FAA regulations. You are NOT required to get approval from anyone. You are ASKED to AGREE to following FAA recommendations, which in this case is to inform any airport you are flying within 5 miles of of your intentions with your UAV. There are other restrictions which apply so become aware of those also. The FAA regulations and recommendations make good [common] sense and not adhering to them will lead to further restrictions resulting in recreational drone pilots losing more of their autonomy and frankly I'd like to keep what autonomy remains available. I'll wager to bet you do also ... :)

Fly safe, have a ball and protect your right to fly your drone [while protecting ours]!

This is a sight:
remingtonghostring.jpg

This is a site:
jackson%20county%20ufo%20landing%20site.PNG

Drones don't like the first one. They like the second.

Reactions: mediccj
Start in open spaces where there is nothing to run into. Practice maneuvers until your confident of your control. A lot of guys in the metroplex fly on the local college campuses.
Have fun, be safe

I live in West Houston and just got my first real drone. A P3 Pro. Microcenter has them for $699. I just applied for my license and uploaded B4Ufly and now realize how few areas there are to fly it legally without going through approval from heliports etc. Does anyone live in the Houston area and know some good places to fly? Or Sugar Land.
You should see the central Florida coast line lol

1) You could go to flylitchi.com and check out the waypoint missions of others which implies it might be okay to fly there

2) You could go to flytrex.com and see the flights of others which implies it might be okay to fly there.

3) Churches in rural areas are frequently next to farms and have parking lots with nobody in them most of the time.

4) Google maps satellite view allows you to look for potential spots. You can then check them out in person.

Check these areas with airmaps.io.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav