Drone Flight Simulator

Reaction score
New to the drone world and recently purchased a Phantom 4 Pro and looking for a good drone flight simulator to help me get better acquainted with the controls understanding what does what. Any suggestions?

Skip the sims... just fly the Phantom. Outside.. big field.. lots of space.. no wires or poles.

There is one built into the P4 remote control already, just make sure the drone is also turned on. RealFlight makes a drone simulator for about $110 with various airfields and drones to fly. Some have challenges that help you speed up your thought process on how the drone and sticks work to get you through the course. Good for bad weather flying practice.

The DJI GO flight simulator can be found here on Apple devices:

DJI-GO-Flight-Simulator-Apple.png

And here on Android devices:

DJI-GO-Flight-Simulator-Android.jpg

Reactions: GMack
As suggested above by chief, you really don't need a simulator for a drone as it can hover at a place when you leave your thumbs off the sticks. It's pretty safe this way. You will learn more on the actual field. Just ensure that you are in wide open field with no trees and buildings or any obstruction around. Best.

Reactions: bkushner
I agree wit Chief and alokbhargava.. pretty easy. READ THE MANUAL! Take it out in an open field and have fun. If anything gets weird, let go of the controls... it will stop. Remember, open field, nothing to hit[emoji106] may the force be with you. Oh yeah, one other thing.., shut the motors off with one stick only after you land...

The Realflight sim is pretty good . Good stuff for the first timers. Good for learning orientation. The DJI sim is pretty good for learning the different flight modes... and all the sims are pretty good on a rainy day[emoji2]

The Realflight sim is pretty good . Good stuff for the first timers. Good for learning orientation. The DJI sim is pretty good for learning the different flight modes... and all the sims are pretty good on a rainy day[emoji2]

Hijacking this for a question is you please. When you use the DJI Sim, do you view it with the same device you use in the field or do you use a large viewable screen, i.e., flatscreen tv, computer monitor? I only ask because I find the iPad I use to be too small to be of any personal value. As an example, when it gets just a tad down range its just too small for me.

Thanks in advance.

If you have Apple TV, I believe you can use that to get your iPad to the big screen.

On one hand, I do agree that actually flying in a good location is best for learning to fly your phantom. Early on and regardless of the software you have at hand on screen, you tend to focus almost fully on just the bird and the sticks, and that's a good thing. The hands and the eyes and the brain need to make sense of what's going on and nothing does it better than watching your bird respond in flight to what you're doing with the sticks. However, the dji simulator is an excellent tool as well. I'll go so far as to say that if you've never flown a drone, use the dji simulator first for a bit. You can safely fly the drone and learn stick control. Even more importantly, you learn the what, where and why's of all the app information too, which is is actually critical information for safer flight. There's a lot to absorb as far as the app is concerned. Learn it all in the simulator. Be comfortable with it. Then on a nice calm day, go and fly. You'll find that actually flying is different than having worked in the simulator, but you'll also benefit a lot and feel that much more comfortable from having gotten very familiar with the app, the telemetry, and all that information has to offer. Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20