drone fishing

I don't know where you can buy accessories but I would skim over this thread to see what many are doing Drone Fishing

any one out there drone fishing ? what model are you using ? I'm using the Pro but thinking the Standard is the better bird for this . I'm currently casting out 700 to 1300 feet to catch shark .. very fun times . if anyone wants to discuss please do .

Fall in the water once and then let me know how it worked out for you.....sounds fun until it hits...better have it right the first time!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Fall in the water once and then let me know how it worked out for you.....sounds fun until it hits...better have it right the first time!

I totally under stand that it could and probably will go down just look at my screen name. if it happens it happens. thats the reason im thinking the Sandard is more cost effective. My bird has assisted catching big fish and has about ten trips under its belt with over a hundred casts . my goal it to catch 100 fish with it before i lose it lol.

I've never lost one to a fish but I have broken them . BTW there are rod and reel combos that for the price you could buy 2 or 3 P4 bundles. I'm not here to dicuss the risk I understand them . I'm just here to find other fishermen or find a drone fishing community.

Reactions: Tx121
I was going to try it in the river but thought what happens if I grab a 2 or 3 pound trout....or worse yet one of my snapper friends....I have two pretty good sized...that drone is toast.....you could probably get away with a small mouth but anything bigger might be discouraging. I would stick to crappie or bluegill to start...any kind of pan fish should be a good test.

Oh I see you think I'm using it direct to my line . No im sorry about the confusion. I use it as a delivery system to drop my bait in areas that hold fish . Yeah a direct connection to a lure or bait would be certain disaster.

Well, I'm not talking about legal aspects of drone operating, still in the process of definition ... But if you cast your bait 300' away and exactly where the fish is seen below surface ... It seems more like poaching if you're eliminating the fair-play elements of unknown ... Hunters - for example - can't hunt for a specific period of time after landing the bush plane. Why? Because to spot the game from above is much easier than on foot ... I'm sure Fish & Wildlife rangers have no clue how to react to a drone fishing for now. It's purely a matter of ethics, IMHO, Unless I'm missing something in this picture ...

sight has always been a part of fishing . but to tell you the truth 99 % of fish are not sight caught as water much of the time is murky. when I bought my drone that was the idea to spot fish but I soon found out while checking out the Pacific Ocean that I couldn't even track 3 ton whales when they went a foot under the water. I fish under water structure that holds fish just out of casting distance that has been productive for me. I'm sure that sight fishing might be possible in other parts but not here. you have to know fish behavior to be successful

I'm in New Zealand and no problem with legality, drone fishing has featured on TV ,kontiki (torpedo) fishing also will take rig out 1 mile + . Can't wait to try it !

Reactions: RottweilerluvNZ
I seen that bird super cool and a heavy lifter but it's super expensive. did you just order one ? what did you pay ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj