Drone fell from sky

Reaction score
Hey there

I had a massive issue yesterday where after 6 perfect recordings and pictures taken at different locations the 7th location I had a crash. My drone was repaired 2 weeks back from a crash and the shell and main board was replaced, since I have got it back I have flown about 20 times, yesterday however different story I got up to 40m and took my pictures, I the brought her down slowly so I could do the recording, about 10m from the ground however when a was turning her to the left everything wen silent she dipped a little and fell fast and hard crashing into a small wall, I am lost on what this can be why would she just stop working when all other flights were perfect I did everything I did in other flights.

Please help.

Do you think it lost power?
A common thing is battery not perfectly clipped fully home, I found one of my three needed double checking it was fully engaged every time.
A failed ESC or wire coming loose is next likely thing.
When it already had a bang, the risk of solder connection failing increases s fair bit.

No it wasnt loss of power I have had that before the lights flash red when battery not connected properly lights were still green as it was going down, the supplier fixed the drone, I did get a unofficial battery warning on the app though. All original parts.

I had the same problem,fortunately it landed on grass after a 10 metre fall,very little damage.After studying the video frame,by frame, I could see the front 2 props as it tumbled, and concluded one prop was not turning. The Phantom flew perfectly after I had checked everything, but I was still not happy so I changed all the motors and ESC's,using the opportunity for a motor upgrade.
I have had 30 perfect flights since.
It is very hard to regain confidence after an unexplained fall.
Other comments have suggested a battery failure,if you have had a good number of flights from the battery, say 50-60, then I would ditch the battery for a new one. Yes I know we should get 200 flights from a battery, but no-one does.
Also open up and check all plugs are firmly seated,look for loose,damaged,trapped wires,cracked pcb,s etc.
Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj