Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Drone fell from sky

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by AlucardDante, Aug 16, 2015.

1. AlucardDante

Hey there

I had a massive issue yesterday where after 6 perfect recordings and pictures taken at different locations the 7th location I had a crash. My drone was repaired 2 weeks back from a crash and the shell and main board was replaced, since I have got it back I have flown about 20 times, yesterday however different story I got up to 40m and took my pictures, I the brought her down slowly so I could do the recording, about 10m from the ground however when a was turning her to the left everything wen silent she dipped a little and fell fast and hard crashing into a small wall, I am lost on what this can be why would she just stop working when all other flights were perfect I did everything I did in other flights.

Please help.

2. 4wd

4wd

Do you think it lost power?
    A common thing is battery not perfectly clipped fully home, I found one of my three needed double checking it was fully engaged every time.
    A failed ESC or wire coming loose is next likely thing.
    When it already had a bang, the risk of solder connection failing increases s fair bit.

3. AlucardDante

No it wasnt loss of power I have had that before the lights flash red when battery not connected properly lights were still green as it was going down, the supplier fixed the drone, I did get a unofficial battery warning on the app though. All original parts.

4. Jayfdee

I had the same problem,fortunately it landed on grass after a 10 metre fall,very little damage.After studying the video frame,by frame, I could see the front 2 props as it tumbled, and concluded one prop was not turning. The Phantom flew perfectly after I had checked everything, but I was still not happy so I changed all the motors and ESC's,using the opportunity for a motor upgrade.
    I have had 30 perfect flights since.
    It is very hard to regain confidence after an unexplained fall.
    Other comments have suggested a battery failure,if you have had a good number of flights from the battery, say 50-60, then I would ditch the battery for a new one. Yes I know we should get 200 flights from a battery, but no-one does.
    Also open up and check all plugs are firmly seated,look for loose,damaged,trapped wires,cracked pcb,s etc.
    Good luck