Drone Expo December 13th, 2014

Flytrex gets the worst booth award in the history of booths. No products to look at, no knowledge from the hired rep. Just a lcd screen shot of a map from the app. Pathetic. Asked about the Core 2 and he didn't have a clue.

Thats what I'm saying. Amateur night at the movies for many of those guys! Bad booths, bad presentations! I don't get it. Why would you spend the booth fees and show up like that? I was looking to buy all kinds of gizmos...nada

PhantomPhreak said:
Flytrex gets the worst booth award in the history of booths. No products to look at, no knowledge from the hired rep. Just a lcd screen shot of a map from the app. Pathetic. Asked about the Core 2 and he didn't have a clue.

Thanks PhantomPhreak for the feedback on this. :/ Really sorry for that experience.

The only thing I can say is that we had less than a week to get things setup.. I'm afraid this was kind of last-moment and our shipment didn't even arrive.. :/ So things definitely didn't went as expected this time. As always, we'll learn, fix and I promise we'll do much better the next time! :)

Prylar Bek said:
Thats what I'm saying. Amateur night at the movies for many of those guys! Bad booths, bad presentations! I don't get it. Why would you spend the booth fees and show up like that? I was looking to buy all kinds of gizmos...nada

I agree, Im not sure why they did not utilize more space and instead chose to cram everyone into a single pavilion. Im sure next year will be alot better and much larger.

For those interested you can see video i took of the venue about a year ago

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPnvIo38twY[/youtube]

eckoner said:

How many times can one video can be touted by its owner in one thread? Is this a record?

wattage said:
eckoner said:

How many times can one video can be touted by its owner in one thread? Is this a record?

How many times must one go out of thier way to waste the time to post something only NEGATIVE?
You could have at least thrown in there..."Oh the shows seemed cool" or "It sucks you guys had to deal with the protestors"

But instead you
*Got to your computer
*Opened up your browser
*Navigated to this url
*Navigated to this thread

And all you came up with was

"How many times can one video can be touted by its owner in one thread? Is this a record?"
Im sure you have something positive to offer :)

Oh by the way if you wanna see footage of the show venue be sure to check out my youtube channel.

The shows seemed cool but it sucked you guys had to deal with protestors. The venue looked cool too; here's a link to a video of the venue:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPnvIo38twY[/youtube]

;)

hahaha thats great.

All good just keep that negative stuff away from me.
I learned if you have nothing positive to say then lets keep that mouth closed

But thanks for the repost i'd say that's a positive thing and your showing with just a little bit of encouragement you can positively contribute as well.! lol

Here's my list of Cheers and Jeers:

Cheers:

• Captain Dave's (of Captain Dave's Whale Watching Safari) presentation on his experiences photographing whales and dolphins using his quad. Amazing footage and a down-to-earth guy. One of his videos has over 10 million views. He presented a slide on how to increase your YouTube views which was useful.
• Ex-FAA guy spoke about integration of UAVs into NAS. He called the rise of UAVs the "New Kitty Hawk". Interesting presentation, but his basic premise is that the FAA will over-regulate and then pull back as time goes on. I fear that once the govt starts to regulate they won't pull back.
• Cool to see the FLIR infrared cameras. And only $8300. :shock:

Jeers:

• Protestors disrupted the keynote. Held banners, chanted loudly, and finally posed in the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" position as they were led off. The keynote was not very exciting so this provided entertainment value.
• Very crowded in the bourse area, often shoulder to shoulder.
• The Sports Arena venue is old and dirty. They should consider moving it to a more upscale venue in the future.
• Flytrex booth was embarrassing. The guy in the booth didn't even know what a "Flytrex Live" was. It would have been smarter and cheaper for Flytrex to just ask one of us local customers to man the booth in exchange for admission and a free Flytrex Core or Live.
• DJI booth was staffed by resellers, not DJI folks when I was there.
• This was supposed to be the intro of the DJI Inspire, but the speaker on stage would not even start the motors, much less fly it. He said it was against fire regs.
• Lame raffle for a Phantom V+. They must have called out 20+ names before finding a winner. In the process they interrupted the speaker multiple times.
• Parking was a rip off. I wanted to park in a different lot near the museums since they offer EV car charging. The booth lady said "that'll be $10". Then added "Are you going to the Drone Expo?". I said yes, and she said for me to park in a different lot about 200 feet away. Ok, so I drove over there. The booth attendant at the official lot said "that'll be $15". Argh.

Despite these complaints it was exciting to witness the cusp of a new technology boom. I'm sure future Expos will be more organized and in a larger space. An interesting statistic was DJI's incredible growth from 20 employees in 2006 to 3,900 in 2014. It will be interesting to see where we'll be in the next 5 years...

All true and well said. Parking...oh my...I have an EV and she told me the same thing. Nasty SA, ugh and bad food as well. DJI needs to get their **** together or they will be overrun...BAD PR..BAD CS...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic