Drone Down! - Help Please

Reaction score
Was being an idiot and getting too close to mangroves trying to film an egret. Clipped said mangrove and Phantom dropped (only about 1-2ft) into some muddy shoreline, right side up, but tipped over when it "landed."

Paddled over to it. Left controller on other side on dry land with friend. Intention was to hold it up in my hand and signal him to take off and fly it back over. But one of the props was not fully turning. See video....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnCmWLCpK0[/youtube]

Not sure if it is physically damaged, or if prop is clogged, or...? Please help me with what you think may be the primary reason for this behavior, and what I should do about fixing it.

Grateful for your help! Thanks.

Looks like your esc is damaged or possibly something connecting to it. If it were just the motor the naza led from the esc would still be lit up. When the motor cuts out the light turns off in your video. Have you fully dried it (taking it apart and drying)? If so you probably need to buy a new esc.

Did any mud get inside the motor perhaps? Check and clean if necessary and possible.

Open her up look at all connections pull motor apart clean it out make sure she's dried out then go from their

+1 on connection issue. Check all solder joint on motor in question and look for cracks in ESC.

If you haven't already done this yet, I would also take apart the motors and clean with canned air.
do not use any solvents as they might degrade the lacker coating on the field windings of the motors.

and I always check all e-clips on the bottom of the motors and make sure they didn't get damaged or completely
knocked off.

Good luck I hope it is just a loose connector.

Hey guys didn't want you to lose any sleep wondering how I was making out with my Phantom. :mrgreen:

It turned out (I think) to be that the shell was slightly rubbing against one of the motors. I guess it doesn't take much friction to make the motor 'studder'. I noticed when the shell was off and I turned it on that didn't happen. When I put my finger slightly touching the motor while it was turning, it stops without much pressure from my finger, and the light flickers. So, I just made sure as best I could that the motors had 'clearance' from the shell and I've been good since. So there ya go, as uninteresting as it was.

Only thing is, I'm kind of worried about this happening again, especially while in flight.. but I don't see why/how it would.

If anything, just wanted to come by to say thanks to everyone that chimed in!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj