Drone detectors, spoofing, jamming

This is going too far. Next time, some yahoo will shoot out the operator.
I wouldn't dough it, caption reads "Guy tries to take a picture of the sunset, man thinks he's spying on his daughter that's at college and shoots down a $1,500 piece of equipment then the operator" sounds like justice to me.

I do think there are quite a few people out there who are looking hard for ways to bring down a drone, including with firearms.
Sad but true. So I'm certain quite a few websites will spring up offering advice on how to do it.
And unlike the guy who shot down the drone in Kentucky, many will do it simply for giggles even if they have no valid concerns such as privacy.
It's just how the nation has evolved.

We'd like to believe people wouldn't do that, but they would and will.

Some of the stories you read here will be due to bad people doing things they shouldn't and the pilot will be none the wiser as his Phantom crashes into the sea or flies off into the distance. The art of drone hijacking is just beginning to get attention. Microwave cannons are easy to build (but dangerous) and can bring down a Phantom from a good distance away as I understand.

It's a lot to pay and a lot to lose because some jack wagons feel their rights trump yours or mine. But it'll happen more and more.

What if this thing takes down a plane thinking it's a drone?

I don't think they're capable of that. But we'd have to ask an aircraft maintenance tech to chime in.
But then, I guess it could interfere with GPS and navigation at lower altitudes.

I see all these articles about signal jammers. The FCC is extremely oppose to any type of signal jamming and currently is highly illegal to own or even be caught advertising them. It will be interesting when they decide to jump in on this due to these devices causing issues on other regions of the RF spectrum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.