Drone detectors, spoofing, jamming

Is only about $$$ and a piece of the pie.
If they can not make a drone, well lets make a device to shoot down the drones. They will feed on the drone fear and sell this technology to all that wear tin foil hats.
Detection is OK but jamming and shooting down the drone is illegal same as is illegal to use cell phone jammers in restaurants and movie theaters.

This is going too far. Next time, some yahoo will shoot out the operator.

Reactions: JKDSensei
How can they interfere with the operation of an aircraft (other than gov. & infrastructure) without violating laws?

Here's another California based company I posted about last week doing similar.
Makes a Phantom look like it has turrets. This is more about downing a quad than detecting.
SkySafe

How can they interfere with the operation of an aircraft (other than gov. & infrastructure) without violating laws?
They can connect to the wifi and ping it till it is unresponsive, or send out radio signals which could interfere with the drone which is not illegal, but what is illegal are radio jammers, these could take down a drone quickly, they are illegal but that hasn't stopped their use. (DO NOT ATTEMPT)

Last edited:
Here's another California based company I posted about last week doing similar.
Makes a Phantom look like it has turrets. This is more about downing a quad than detecting.
SkySafe
Reading how the system is said to work it states you can safely take control & land the drone safely. After watching the short video it most definitely does not seem to be landing it safely! Looks more like it falling out of the sky. So if it were at a much higher altitude it could possibly harm or even kill someone.

I don't see it as being acceptable for that reason.

If this becomes available to the general public....a lot of drones are going to be lost mysteriously.

Last edited:
If this becomes available to the general public....a lot of drones are going to be lost mysteriously.
According to the Skysafe website, it will only be available to certain organizations. Hopefully, this means law enforcement agencies? Otherwise, providing it to the general public could result in serious consequences as I stated earlier. Whereas, the short video clearly demonstrates it literally falling out of the sky. Not (as they say) can be landed safely.

Last edited:
They can connect to the wifi and ping it till it is unresponsive, or send out radio signals which could interfere with the drone which is not illegal, but what is illegal are radio jammers, these could take down a drone quickly, they are illegal but that hasn't stopped their use. (DO NOT ATTEMPT)

Where have they been used [before]?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers