Drone Deploy vs Pix 4D vs Maps Made Easy

Reaction score
I'm looking to stitch together a bunch of aerial photos (looking straight down), and superimpose the resulting picture on google maps. I'd like the program to fly autonomously, flying on a grid to capture the images. I have tried this using Drone Deploy, but I haven' tried any other software.

What is the best software for this, without breaking the bank?

Thanks!

I used Maps made easy, Map Pilot (on iOS device) yesterday. I've got nothing to compare it with and am totally new to mapping, so not much help I can give you, I'm afraid. What I can contribute with, is to say that the Map Pilot flew autonomously on the calculated grid and due to blur, reduced the average lateral (forward) speed to about 3m/s for the mission, something that I did override, just to save time.
After returning home, I used Pix4D (which I've activate a trial version of) and the 3D results were very impressive indeed. Now, as a complete amateur and only a hobbyist user, I don't see how in the world I would pay the rather high (unless your a commercial user) monthly fee or full version charge for Pix4D. It seems to be a very high end product (Pix4D), and I can see why they charge premium, but that will not help me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20