Drone Crates Phantom 3 Case Updated To Support P3S

Reaction score
Hi guys we are excited to announce that our DJI Phantom 3 Roller case has been updated to Version 2. This new update allows our Phantom 3 Roller case to now support all (3) Versions of the Phantom 3:

Professional
Advanced
Standard

Photos:

PHANTOM_3_ROLLER_CASE_1__06328.jpg

Foam Plugs Removed:

PHANTOM_3_ROLLER_CASE_2__10747.jpg

Phantom 3 Standard Controller:

PHANTOM_3_ROLLER_CASE_3__96675.jpg

Close up of controller cut out:

phantom-3-roller-case-removeable.jpg

Pricing has not changed as its still the same great low price. For more information click the link below:

DRONE CRATES DJI PHANTOM 3 ROLLER CASE

Also note that we still have the Shipping promo going on for all Phantom Pilots Members through Oct 1st:

$30.00 Off Shipping Costs On All Phantom Case Orders (Works for both domestic and international orders). Simply use the following coupon code:

PP30OFF

in your shopping cart on our website: www.DroneCrates.com

Questions, comments, feedback is always welcome!

Thanks!

Kris w/ Drone Crates

Last edited:
Reactions: Santiego
Wow Kris. With respect, I'd have to say that might be a fail. I'm looking at the RC cut out specifically.

I really think you need to keep the original version for the P3A and the P3P, and second version that fits the P3S only.

This new version doesn't fit any of the Phantoms like a glove. Users want a perfect fit which is why they pay so much for a precut case rather than just cutting their own for less.

This one is no longer a perfect fit. If it were the only version available when I was looking for a case, I would have definitely passed on Drone Crates.

Hi Oso,

Thanks for the feedback. While its not what we want to hear we ALWAYS want feedback on how to improve and I totally understand your concern.

The cases ship with a perforated plug set up so that if you have a P3P or P3A it still fits like the Version 1 case (see attached image), however if you have a the P3S or P2V or P2V+ you would remove those sections and it would look like above. We basically where trying to make a nice universal Phantom case so it would work for everyone.

What are you thoughts on the plugs? Still not good enough? If not and you guys want Version 1 back I can make it happen.

Also for those of you with the P3S do you want a cut out to spec for that controller only? or do you prefer the universal one?

Please chime in as the more feedback the easier it is for us to make what you want.

Attachments

• IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    671 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
Hi Oso,

Please see the updated Photos in the first post and let me know what you think.
Hi Kris. Sorry for my delayed response.

The plugs are for sure much better. I think that P3S owners would like that since there is a good chance they will eventually upgrade to a P3P or a P3A (or a P4) and can probably use the same case they had for their P3S by just inserting the plugs for the upgraded RC.

On the flip side, unless those cutouts are really locked in place and they don't slide out every time the RC is removed, I dont see a P3P or P3A owner liking it much. I would not buy it unless I was assured those plugs were very secure. I'd be very frustrated if they slid out every time I pulled out the RC, but my opinion is just one data point!

By the way, I still love my original case!

Hi Kris. Sorry for my delayed response.

The plugs are for sure much better. I think that P3S owners would like that since there is a good chance they will eventually upgrade to a P3P or a P3A (or a P4) and can probably use the same case they had for their P3S by just inserting the plugs for the upgraded RC.

On the flip side, unless those cutouts are really locked in place and they don't slide out every time the RC is removed, I dont see a P3P or P3A owner liking it much. I would not buy it unless I was assured those plugs were very secure. I'd be very frustrated if they slid out every time I pulled out the RC, but my opinion is just one data point!

By the way, I still love my original case!

Hi Oso,

For P3A & P3P Owners they are 100% secure in the case. For P3S users we can remove the plugs for them or they will have a to take an x-acto knife and do some slight trimming along the perforation

Hi Oso,

For P3A & P3P Owners they are 100% secure in the case. For P3S users we can remove the plugs for them or they will have a to take an x-acto knife and do some slight trimming along the perforation
Perfect. In that "case" I think you are gold.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20