Drone crashes through NYC highrise window.

What's the over/under on the "idiots ruining for the rest of us" posts for this thread?

Probably higher than the "this is why we can't have nice things" posts.

And also the "at least it wasn't a Phantom" posts. As if that matters.

Have you ever seen high rise glass? You could fly full speed, in sport mode, with a 50mph tail wind, and a near vertical drop into the window, and all you are going to do is shatter your drone into 1,000 pieces. Those windows are designed to withstand debris in near hurricane force winds

No pics of the crashed drone or broken window. I call BS :rolleyes:

Have you ever seen high rise glass? You could fly full speed, in sport mode, with a 50mph tail wind, and a near vertical drop into the window, and all you are going to do is shatter your drone into 1,000 pieces. Those windows are designed to withstand debris in near hurricane force winds

And then there's always the conspiracy theories.

OK brain's trust out there, aren't high rise windows made of tempered glass?

Yeah I was wondering about that. As far as I now tempered glass is a requirement but over to the other guru's in the group for better info.

The police don't know who owns the drone? Isn't it required to have the registration number on or in the drone itself? More outlaws screwing it up for the rest of us.

Wonder if that building is so old it doesn't have laminated glass or tempered glass, just plate glass? I think laminated is the required glass used in most businesses exteriors now over tempered or plate glass that can fall. Friend's shop had to replace some glass and it was the old style glass with a lot of large shards that broke. If that old style plate glass was the type in the NYC apartment that broke, any that fell could spell disaster to someone below.

If the Karma was registered, no doubt the police will soon have their man.

I saw a pic of a broken window. No drone in sight. Fake news. As drone enthusiast, don't contribute to the hysteria by reposting fake news
"Police have recovered the drone."

Swamp gas...

Definitely swamp gas.

I too was thinking it might be an older building. 27 floors isn't that tall in Manhattan.
It also somewhat answers the Staten Island question.
I get not being able to fly in Manhattan, but I don't see an issue in some boroughs, especially eastern Queens as long as you are at least 5 miles from LGA and JFK, though just those two covers quite a bit.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I saw a pic of a broken window. No drone in sight. Fake news. As drone enthusiast, don't contribute to the hysteria by reposting fake news

I guess we're left with two choices on what to believe.

1) A drone operator who lost control of his drone.
2) A conspiracy involving police, news reporters and a 66 year-old lady.

I love conspiracy theories. I just don't buy them. My money is on option 1 and my tinfoil hat stays on the shelf this time.

I guess we're left with two choices on what to believe.

1) A drone operator who lost control of his drone.
2) A conspiracy involving police, news reporters and a 66 year-old lady.

I love conspiracy theories. I just don't buy them. My money is on option 1 and my tinfoil hat stays on the shelf this time.

Roswell, JFK, global warming, artificial sweeteners...
;)

You've all missed it ------- Russian Hackers - remote drone operation from Putin's basement!!! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1