"Drone" crashes at U.S Open in NYC

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441336842.773075.jpg

Appears a 3DR Solo crashed into the stands, didn't hit anyone.

Who in their right $*&^*# mind would fly over the U.S. Open????????? GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Got me a P2 NV 2 months ago, been wanting one for a LONG time, even just installed an FPV setup 30 minutes ago... and it's crap like this that REALLY pisses me off! UAV's are going to get banned before I even get my feet wet in this...

Sorry for venting... :(

This almost seems like it was planned.
Flies over, and lands in unoccupied seats......
You couldn't plan bad media for drones better than that.

No was not planed and it crashed it was a 26 year old teacher & they put the cuffs on him :D
Guy is a moron ;)

Drone operators ought to self-organize to (1) protect rights to operate while (2) establish self-restraints, operating rules and possibly licensing. If we don't, I suspect that our freedom to fly will become severely restricted. Just imagine what will happen after a drone is used by terrorists.

Drone manufacturers should support (with oversight and funding) to protect their market. If they don't, their market will never grow and probably shrink.

Does anyone know of an existing group or organization that can or is already growing to fill this need? Perhaps an established radio control airplane organization?

You could plan bad media better than that. The drone could have hit Flavia Pennetta or Monica Niculescu.

Reactions: 750r
Drone operators ought to self-organize to (1) protect rights to operate while (2) establish self-restraints, operating rules and possibly licensing. If we don't, I suspect that our freedom to fly will become severely restricted. Just imagine what will happen after a drone is used by terrorists.

Drone manufacturers should support (with oversight and funding) to protect their market. If they don't, their market will never grow and probably shrink.

Does anyone know of an existing group or organization that can or is already growing to fill this need? Perhaps an established radio control airplane organization?
The AMA, right now they are our biggest lobbying and advocacy group.

Reactions: 750r
This guy is extremely dumb. Even if he didn't crash, there would have been media all over this if a flying drone was identified over the US Open giving drones. More bad press.

Hey anyone want to go fly drones over a nationally televised presidential debate, or how about the Superbowl? Dumb

We've already organized, and we take no prisoners.......................

2685111-an_angry_mob.png

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Heehee................. it looks exactly like what some seem to be calling for lol!!

I wonder if there was owner information on it? :D
Mine is covered with stuff so it would be no mystery, but then again I would't be flying there either. o_O

Speaking of the media on this, i just saw the news about the US Open being rained out for today. It was raining outside the courts and the news crew was using a drone to shoot some aerial footage of the area. Kind of ironic.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj