Drone Crashers Beware

Reaction score
I tried to post this earlier but something went wrong... anyway here goes again.
On a recent flight I had a low speed low altitude crash into a fence, quick examination showed that 2 props were damaged and the gimbal had come off, as I was on my last battery I called it a day and went home.
I decide to open the cover of the Phantom 2 (I hadn't done so post crash on other occasions) but Oh boy lucky I did. I noticed that beneath 1 motor there were some loose bits, a "C" clip and a Phos/bronze bush. On investigation I found that the "C" clip was used to secure the motor's Rotor shaft into the bearings of the Stator.
Without the "C" clip it is possible to pull the Rotor (the part the props screw on to) out of the motor (thought you have to pull enough to overcome the pull of the permanent magnets), If the clip were missing, it could be possible (due to the forces involved in flying) to part the Rotor and prop from the motor, causing a severe crash and the loss of loads of cash.
So pilots after a crash which damages a prop check the base of each motor, where you should be able to see the "C" clip and bronze spacer bush, "DO IT, SAVE CASH", have fun be safe.

Attachments

• IMG_4613.jpg
    IMG_4613.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_4607.jpg
    IMG_4607.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_4611.jpg
    IMG_4611.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_4612.jpg
    IMG_4612.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 405
Reactions: sactownjames
Good info, must have took a pretty good hit to knock em loose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20