Drone bag must haves!

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm new to the drone world and I'm wondering what everyone takes with them when they go out and fly?
I'm not talking about the obvious spare batteries, sd cards, Chargers, props ect.

I'm interested in what you bring that other people might not or that you think are always handy to have!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Hey guys,
I'm new to the drone world and I'm wondering what everyone takes with them when they go out and fly?
I'm not talking about the obvious spare batteries, sd cards, Chargers, props ect.

I'm interested in what you bring that other people might not or that you think are always handy to have!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Don't forget any tools, tape, Lens cleaner, zip ties, Small flashlight, towel to lay down should you have to do field repairs to catch small parts, and a bag to put your parts in should you crash and burn. These may sound silly until you need them. Maybe even some Jet c/A glue. Electrical contact cleaner. I'm sure there is more if I think about it. Binoculars perhaps.

Spare USB cable.
Last week I drove a pretty good distance to fly and couldnt get my Tablet to connect. When I got back home I tried a different usb cable and it connected perfectly.
Something so simple ruined my day.
Ugh.

(I have a new one on the rc and a spare in the bag now)

I'm UOTE="dtviewer, post: 912588, member: 14536"]Spare USB cable.
Last week I drove a pretty good distance to fly and couldnt get my Tablet to connect. When I got back home I tried a different usb cable and it connected perfectly.
Something so simple ruined my day.
Ugh.

(I have a new one on the rc and a spare in the bag now)[/QUOTE]
Im in the HVAC business. Whenever I would have a complete installation job...it involves many tools and supplies. I would have backups for certain tools. I had to make this long list of every conceivable thing I would need to complete the job. Did I load more than I needed...yes I did. Did I ever have to leave a job because I forgot something....never. ...and that's been since 1979

Reactions: dtviewer
Reminds me of my travels into Baja California Sur. Driving a 1969 VW camper gave me trepidation and I was lucky to have a friend who owned the same year camper and was a mechanic. His advice was to not take anything. Seriously?! His reasoning was the spare you take you won't need. What you need you will not have brought. What about tools?; I asked. Leave your tools at home. Everybody traveling in Baja has tools and backups of tools. If and when you borrow one or more of their tools, they will experience an altruistic feel-good - you get to use tools. It is a win win.

I'm looking in my bag and don't see anything too out of the ordinary. a press pass, small notebook with pencil, model release forms; that's about it.

Welcome to the forum! As for myself a landing pad since I am not too good with hand catch yet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Good idea. Costco has some big black and yellow boxes for sale last week; perfect landing pad and storage containers.

Your P4 registration papers. I may never have to use it but it's always in the case.

I usually always take a folding chair to fly from. Darn thing won't fit in my backpack though.

I do take a wind meter. I like to measure it to see how the P4 behaves in various wind conditions. I rarely use it though, it's not very windy in So. Calif. I used in No. Calif in June, 25mph!

Reactions: dtviewer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4