Drone Aircraft Carrier

Reaction score
Drone Aircraft Carrier

Behold the USS Enterprise II, a much smaller version of the renowned aircraft carriers that preceded her. This one is actually an 18 foot Carolina Skiff which, when not serving as my launch platform also does great service as a fishing and general recreation vessel. Launch is from the bow mounted fishing seat. Recovery is done by hand. No weapons aboard, just an electric powered Phantom 3 Pro doing work as a photo reconnaissance aircraft. A truly outstanding aircraft. We are cruising the sub tropical waters of southwest Florida, off the coast of Pine island. Life is good.

Selfie c .jpg

DJI_0318c.jpg

Drone carrier 1c.jpg

So cool.

Drone Aircraft Carrier

Behold the USS Enterprise II, a much smaller version of the renowned aircraft carriers that preceded her. This one is actually an 18 foot Carolina Skiff which, when not serving as my launch platform also does great service as a fishing and general recreation vessel. Launch is from the bow mounted fishing seat. Recovery is done by hand. No weapons aboard, just an electric powered Phantom 3 Pro doing work as a photo reconnaissance aircraft. A truly outstanding aircraft. We are cruising the sub tropical waters of southwest Florida, off the coast of Pine island. Life is good.

View attachment 52074

View attachment 52072
View attachment 52073
Very cool, I am curious about the boat houses though. How far off shore are they? Is there a reason why they aren't on shore?

The houses were called fish houses when they were used in the 50's in Pine Island Sound by the commercial fisherman to offload their catch quickly without going back to shore. The fisherman would also sleep there. The fish were kept on ice until boats from the shore could pick them up. They are about a mile from shore. When commercial fishing stopped they were converted into homes for fishing and getting away. I understand some of them are very nicely equipped.

The houses were called fish houses when they were used in the 50's in Pine Island Sound by the commercial fisherman to offload their catch quickly without going back to shore. The fisherman would also sleep there. The fish were kept on ice until boats from the shore could pick them up. They are about a mile from shore. When commercial fishing stopped they were converted into homes for fishing and getting away. I understand some of them are very nicely equipped.

That is a much more interesting answer than I expected. I assumed it was because of draft/depth issues but that's a really neat reason. Great pics!

Great pics! I used to jet ski on Pine Island sound while renting a house on Captiva. Great spot.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4