drone 4 plus purchase

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a new Phantom 4+ drone, first time user of DJI drone. Wanted to ask if it is better to buy the 4+ without the screen and add a tablet like the NVIDIA Shield or buy the Phantom 4+ with the integrated screen....any experience or preference?

I have a P4P+ and overall I like it. I've had no issues with that model except the following:
1. Lost connection 1 time (screen went gray and froze on the last frame when it was less than 40 feet from me, but I could still fly it).
2. No built in data. You have to connect it to a hotspot or have wifi within connecting distance to have internet.
3. No third party app options at this point.

Everything else is good.

Reactions: mingga
This review might help you make your decision:

FWIW, I have a P4P+ remote controller and haven't run into any trouble with it yet.

I am looking to purchase a new Phantom 4+ drone, first time user of DJI drone. Wanted to ask if it is better to buy the 4+ without the screen and add a tablet like the NVIDIA Shield or buy the Phantom 4+ with the integrated screen....any experience or preference?

The 5.5" screen is simply too small with all of the overlayed icons on the screen. The new Crystal Sky display is what you may want to consider when released next month, 7.8" size, 1000nit (same brightness as P4P+) , and 2000nit options, but it will likely have the same restrictions of no third party apps. Also, nobody knows the price of these two displays, it could be prohibitive.

FYI, Crystal Sky won't be compatible with P4P+ according to DJI. It's only compatible with P3A, P3P (not P3S), P4P, P4, Inspire line, and Matrice line. So if you bought the P4P+ setup, and later wanted to use the larger Crystal Sky display, you'll have to buy a P4P RC, for about $400.

Reactions: Loz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl