Driver Pitch V2 Gimbal Piece needed BAD!!

Reaction score
My Phantom Vision + crashed and I had to replace the shell and a motor.. Camera and Gimbal looked untouched- She flew just fine, but on the 2nd flight since the new shell and motor swap, the camera was cocked to the left. It didn't work itself out, even when I tried the suggested "nudge" method, to help it correct itself- No dice. Opened the back plate of the Gimbal to re-align the horizon sensor, put it back together and it was fine again, but cocked to the side again. Opened it back up, saw a YouTube video where a guy put a dab of superglue to hold the horizon in place- but I think I dabbed the wrong part. I applied it directly to the DRIVER PITCH control chip, where the plastic half-moon thing is. Bad idea, now the gimbal won't compensate on the roll, only the pitch. Cotton swabbed acetone to try and remove the super glue, but there must be a tiny bit INSIDE if the plastic half-moon because it has a bit of tension. The half-moon hole won't freely rotate within the plastic housing without a little help. I think I may need to replace the DRIVER PITCH V2, but I can't find one anywhere!! ANY THOUGHTS?? S.O.S.!!

Could I soak the chip in acetone to break up the last bit of super glue that may be inside? Will that damage the components on the circuit board? I don't want to have to pay $700 for a new cam / gimbal, because that sucks, (A) and because my camera is fine and the gimbal is fine besides the chip. (B) Please leave comments, thoughts, ideas, or solutions as I need to get my Quad pal back up and healthy. Thanks....!!

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 740
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 779

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members