Drifting

Reaction score
My previous post showed a damaged 5ghz antenna cable In the controller. The bird was flying good, stable just distance was reduced, I was unable to get further then 700ft without issues, even in clear fields.
I had a cable given to me and removed the damaged one and installed the new one without success, the bird was unstable always drifting and moving up and down In elevation by itself.
I was also getting a compass error all of a sudden.

Now, I scrapped the patch antennas and upgraded to a DBS, which I installed without issues. The bird still drifts. It's not stable. I've tried multiple IMU calibration in clear areas, calibrated the compass numerous times and recalibrate And also relinked the controller. Nothing has worked.
I don't know what to do. ????

The mod # in the IMU section keeps jumping around even when the bird is stationary on a flat surface, I'm not sure if this is normal, never checked before. The number is anywhere from 1540-1570, which from what I've gathered is correct.

Any help would be appreciated.
Is it the remote? Is it the compass? I'm stumped.

This is not my video, but this is exactly what my phantom is doing, keep in mind is was flying perfectly fine before.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
That mod value sounds like it is for the compass, not imu.

IMU should show -1 for z and very close to 0 for X and Y.

Have you played with your gain settimgs? High numbers can make the AC twitchy.

I haven't changed anything. It just started acting up.

Gyroscope is at all 0's.
Acceleration X - 0, y 0, Z -1.00, mod - 1.00
Compass X -400, y 560, z 1386, mod 1543

All of the gain settings are at 100%.

Come to think of it.. All 3 antenna cables for my DBS were the same size, 2.4 and 5 were identical lengths, I've just watched a video of another install and the cables were different lengths.... Could this be the problem here.?

Come to think of it.. All 3 antenna cables for my DBS were the same size, 2.4 and 5 were identical lengths, I've just watched a video of another install and the cables were different lengths.... Could this be the problem here.?

Mine were all the same length as well, I have seen several videos where they're all the same size. I currently have no issues and mine were all the same size, don't think that would've the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sounds like the barrometers whack, this issue has nothing to do with cables or controller! Is always safe to fly gps or do you get strong interference warnings

Sub'd

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic