DRIFTING WHILE YAWING

Reaction score
Hello, my new pv2+ v3.0 version, even if firmly locked to a GPS position, drifts for many meters while yawing, then returns to its locked position.. whet adjustment should I make? my previous pv2+ version 2 had a good yawing with the sane default gain parameters

thanks

Try doing the advanced calibration in the "Tools" section of the DJI Vision Assistant application and then calibrate the compass on the Phantom itself by toggling the S1 switch.

I did the advanced IMU calibration, I do calibrate the compass before flying usually, i've been using another pv2+ for many mounths and never saw this issue, this new bird is stable as the previous one but starts to move away from its position every time I start yawing.. it not able to turn by keeping its point.. when yaw is complete it returns to the place it was before...

Unfortunately yaw drift is most likely caused by firmware especially since latest updates. Its speculated that it is caused by magnetic declination fix.

I have found that I've had to do a couple field compass calibrations to get it down to a tolerable level. Once you find that sweet spot calibration, don't do further compass calibrations unless you change equipment or location (over 60 miles away)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic