Drifting to the left

Reaction score
Ok after not having the free time I got to fly my phantom today

The flight went great till I was coming back in for a landing

I suddenly lost forward control(craft wouldn't respond) as I got closer where I had took off

What made me uneasy was that it would drift to the craft's left about halfway in the flight

I tried to turn it around and try landing it with the back of the craft facing my take off point but it drifted I to a tree as I tried to turn it ending in a crash landing

One of the rotors has a real small nick at the tip now

Any one know what's up
Is it the motors?
The flight controller?
What???
I am going to connect it to the computer and check the readouts of the sensors along with the controller

Were you in GPS mode or ATT mode? If the former, I don't know. If the latter, the wind would do it.

You don't have IOC enabled do you? Direction gets odd near home lock position.

I did have it in GPS mode
It did have a good GPS signal(clear and clam day with no wind)

It did fine for the first half of the flight the second half I had to fight it to keep it on course

I don't think I had the IOC switch on at the time(don't like using much due to being used to not having it on my smaller quads)

When I lost forward control I was coming back to land at my take off spot and it was roughly five feet from the spot

But that don't explain why it just stopped responding during flight towards the end of the flight(I keep fresh batteries in the controller) I wasn't using the camera's fpv feature(camera was off)

I am wondering if its the flight controller given how I had to fight it during flight to keep it from wanting to go to the left(no matter which way the nose was pointed)

RichW said:
You don't have IOC enabled do you? Direction gets odd near home lock position.

I haven't used home lock from day one

I have put new batteries in the controller

I tested it indoors before I put new batteries in the remote and it didn't drift

Haven't tested it since but I will try it as soon as the rain stops

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers