drifting phantom

Reaction score
ok so I crashed into a tree and nocked one of the antenna off the receiver card off I was able to repair the antenna but it still seems to drift one direction no matter which way you face I have calibrated it several times and no luck I did order a new radio receiver card but it wont be here for a week a im not Shure this will fix the problem

help please

Im in the same boat, have recalibrated IMU MANY times, compas also. Seems i did permanant damage from crash.. Il be following this for any different suggestions as ive been flying crooked and drifting for weeks

ok so it seems that the gps is not connecting properly and telling it to fly a position just does not seem to fly right . I have calibrated the compass taken the pramertiers way of with a magnet and then brought them back not shure what to do now get a new gps part ? new v2? what just want the thing to fly properly again help please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huntmarlin said:
ok so it seems that the gps is not connecting properly and telling it to fly a position just does not seem to fly right . I have calibrated the compass taken the pramertiers way of with a magnet and then brought them back not shure what to do now get a new gps part ? new v2? what just want the thing to fly properly again help please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open up the bird and see if your GPS shifted or came unglued. It may need to be repositioned.

If that's the case, once you do that, recalibrate and hopefully you should be good.

It is also possible the hard hit has damaged the GPS antenna itself. The antenna is ceramic and pretty fragile. Take a look and see if you have any fine cracks in the antenna.

If you have broken it there is a thread here that shows where to get a replacement without having to replace the entire GPS module.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20