Drifting P4

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was flying my p4 today, it was pretty windy,I was in GPS mode and it drifted around 300ft when hovering at around 120M up in the air..Would you consider this within normal tollerances when its windy?

ive uploaded my flight logs...

thanks in advance

D

Attachments

• 2016-08-20_17-47-44_Standard.txt
    544.3 KB · Views: 331
Thanks for the reply...looking at the playback in the dji go app, the drifting was happening as I was decreasing the altitude to manually land, perhaps i was just a bit too heavy handed on the descent given the wind? I assume it wont compensate for horizontal drift when descending at speed?

I did a compass calibration before taking off...

...well, if you descend at full speed you will definitely get some unstable wobbling, but again, 300' is REALLY unstable - if you had a flight recorder going at time of flight you might review the stick inputs and see if your left stick was off center during descent, possibly instigating the drift?

Maybe at the first 'drift' I was turning the P4 round in a circle and then the second large one was on descent...

...seems a bit odd at 00:25; you initiate the descent and drop at least twenty feet and then the max altitude warning pops up? - leaning towards gps confusion? - got any mods that might be interfering with reception? - use caution with subsequent flights - maybe stick to huge open fields and low altitude and short distances for a bit til the issue is better sorted out?

Have you calibrated the IMU and compass? What tablet are you running? Firmware?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Have you calibrated the IMU and compass? What tablet are you running? Firmware?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Latest firmware
Calibrated IMU and also did the vision calibration at home before I left

I'm running on an Iphone 6+

I calibrated the compass before takeoff....

Looking at the video as it started to drift I can see that the P4 has angled itself and I can see the props..

Perhaps it was extreamly windy up there. I've never seen the props like this unless I've been in sports mode and the only movement I was making was to turn the drone.

Link to the video:-

Dropbox - wind.mov

D

Wind and gust speeds at the time...

gusts of up to 37 mph maybe that was the issue!

Attachments

• IMG_0516.PNG
    IMG_0516.PNG
    864.3 KB · Views: 335

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj