Drifting in gps mode under 25 feet.

Reaction score
New to the forum. My standard is drifting in gps mode under 25 feet. Seems to be much better above 25 feet. Didn't drift at all when it was new. Have around 30 hours on it now. No crashes or any damage. Tried recalibrating IMU, compass, and gimbal. Made no changes. Sorry, if this question has been addressed before. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

New to the forum. My standard is drifting in gps mode under 25 feet. Seems to be much better above 25 feet. Didn't drift at all when it was new. Have around 30 hours on it now. No crashes or any damage. Tried recalibrating IMU, compass, and gimbal. Made no changes. Sorry, if this question has been addressed before. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Drifting how much?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's not normal if you have it in P-mode, it should be only a few inches side to side. Up and down could be a bit more as that's not a GPS function.

Reactions: sinxa
That's not normal if you have it in P-mode, it should be only a few inches side to side. Up and down could be a bit more as that's not a GPS function.

Do you have an idea of what might be causing the problem?

Humm,

Welcome to the forum!

The only thing I got is playback your flight and see if what the controls are showing when you are hovering.

If the Phantom drops down, does it come back up? Or does continue dropping or ?

Rod

You said you calibrated IMU and compass, that would be my suggestion. How many GPS satellites do you have locked.

Humm,

Welcome to the forum!

The only thing I got is playback your flight and see if what the controls are showing when you are hovering.

If the Phantom drops down, does it come back up? Or does continue dropping or ?

Rod

It will slowly go down until I'm forced to send it back up.

I notice if I turn my vps off on my PSA under 25ft it wonders a little compared to having it on is a lot more stable.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It will slowly go down until I'm forced to send it back up.
Watch your controls on a playback, or maybe something do with the barometer.

All I got so far. :rolleyes:

Rod

the IMU would be responsible for holding it at hover with alt and gps inputs.
I would re do the IMU calibration and make sure it is abslotulety level motor post top to post top (same plane as props).

the other quick and easy thing is use your spare props if you have a set to verify balance of the props.
if they are off even a little bit , or nicked etc.
the quad will and can wonder around a bit

good luck and have fun flying

IMU cal. . . Noted
Compass cal. . . Noted
GPS sats. . . Noted
Stick cal. . . Noted
Props replace. . . Noted

What else could be wrong?

Have you tried on another area which is clear and open?

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20