Drifting glitch

Reaction score
I was flying my p3s and as soon as I took off it displayed "compass error, exit p-gps". So then it started drifting forward, sideways, and downward. I caught it, calibrated it, (everything) and restarted it and the app, did the same thing. It was like it was in atti mode. I had 9 satellites. It worked just fine my last flight, and every one before that.

When it exits gps mode it will drift around in the wind. Its the gps that holds it position, as in atti mode.

Are you flying in the same place as before?
Is there anything around that could be blocking the signals?

All I can suggest then is its the location - built up area effecting the sats. I prefer to fly away from buildings so as not to cause any interference.

Reactions: TiminSac
I once made a mistake of calibrating the compass on roof top of a parking structure. I totally forgot the roof was concrete and might had steel in it. The flight was drifting and spiraling, and since the AC was not pointing to the sky, the GPS signal was eventually lost as well.
I think yours had a compass error. You need to re-calibrate it on the ground with no metal structure or concrete near you. Good luck.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Remove any metal/electronics from yourself such as smartphone when calibrating.

I once made a mistake of calibrating the compass on roof top of a parking structure. I totally forgot the roof was concrete and might had steel in it. The flight was drifting and spiraling, and since the AC was not pointing to the sky, the GPS signal was eventually lost as well.
I think yours had a compass error. You need to re-calibrate it on the ground with no metal structure or concrete near you. Good luck.
I made a similar mistake of calibrating on a concrete pad at a park. I didn't even think about the rebar that might be buried in the concrete.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl