Not to highjack the thread, but this is some excellent analysis. It appears these tools are for the Windows computers, anyone know of any tools for the Mac OS? Also, has anyone experimented with MathLab or similar coding? I wonder if this sort of analysis could be completely automated with MathLab?

DatCon explains it is for the Mac as well (DatFile.net), however I don't see a Mac version in the Download Section?

thanks,
--terry

Not to highjack the thread, but this is some excellent analysis. It appears these tools are for the Windows computers, anyone know of any tools for the Mac OS? Also, has anyone experimented with MathLab or similar coding? I wonder if this sort of analysis could be completely automated with MathLab?

DatCon explains it is for the Mac as well (DatFile.net), however I don't see a Mac version in the Download Section?

thanks,
--terry
The info on how to make it run on a Mac is in the readme that comes with the download. It's a little arcane but you need to execute the jar file that is included in the download. @happydays and others have done this and I'm told it works pretty well. Dashware doesn't run on a Mac so you'd need to use the Excel plot package to visualize the .csv.

I've not tried using Matlib but would be interested in effort to do so.

What programs are used to analyze info from Phantom 4. Just starting out and want to look at my 4 info before I have an problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

thanks,
--terry

Hello Terry,
My first re-action to the world of Black Box data was to understand my own crash and what caused it or at least what data points to.....The hard part which is not so empirical is merging one's experience with the data. Trough this process I am learning more and more.
Most of the stuff resources that I found thus far is OK or you have to pay something to get the data aggregated...which is OK, I mean they did the hard work of coding so rightfully they should get paid if that is what they want in return......DatCon is a must in my opinion. So whoever did that bless their soul. I looked for while to see if there is a program that can look at the DAT file in it's native state but was UN-successful. I mean you got to get the data out of the DAT file some how..

My plan was once I get comfortable understanding the format and the data. I can than start thinking of automating through a program that one would think is mostly available on peoples desktop. I was thinking of Excel, limited comparing to MatLab or Grapher but I think it could be automated via macro and or VB much easier.....

Ardy

Hello Terry,
My first re-action to the world of Black Box data was to understand my own crash and what caused it or at least what data points to.....The hard part which is not so empirical is merging one's experience with the data. Trough this process I am learning more and more.
Most of the stuff resources that I found thus far is OK or you have to pay something to get the data aggregated...which is OK, I mean they did the hard work of coding so rightfully they should get paid if that is what they want in return......DatCon is a must in my opinion. So whoever did that bless their soul. I looked for while to see if there is a program that can look at the DAT file in it's native state but was UN-successful. I mean you got to get the data out of the DAT file some how..

My plan was once I get comfortable understanding the format and the data. I can than start thinking of automating through a program that one would think is mostly available on peoples desktop. I was thinking of Excel, limited comparing to MatLab or Grapher but I think it could be automated via macro and or VB much easier.....

Ardy

I follow, I use MathLab in RF Communications development and analysis, while a very powerful tool, it has a huge learning curve. The newer Excel (mac office 2016) is a good place for me to start as well, it has some pretty good add-ins and with using VB (Visual Basic I believe?), then that would be a good start. What I am amazed with is the amount and categories of data available. Thanks.

thanks,
--terry
You could also use R Studio, a free alternative to Mathlab. It handles time series very well.

@Ardy I am sorry for your crash. I had the same experience happen about a month ago. I sent my bird to DJI for analysis and consideration for repairs under warranty. They told me they would pay for shipping both ways and do the analysis for free. If the analysis showed a problem covered by the warranty, the repairs would be free, if not, I would have to pay $139 plus parts if I wanted to repair it. It sounded like a win-win to me so I sent it in a bit over a week ago. It is already on its way back. The repairs were done free of charge by DJI. I am happy.

I still don't know what caused the crash. I am going to call DJI to find out. I am very careful when putting on the props but still, some have argued it might have been a lost prop. I now tighten them even more - past snug, more like tight.

Good luck!

You could also use R Studio, a free alternative to Mathlab. It handles time series very well.
Do you know anything about FreeMat v4.2, I've been experimenting with it all day, its pretty good and its free.

@Ardy I am sorry for your crash. I had the same experience happen about a month ago. I sent my bird to DJI for analysis and consideration for repairs under warranty. They told me they would pay for shipping both ways and do the analysis for free. If the analysis showed a problem covered by the warranty, the repairs would be free, if not, I would have to pay $139 plus parts if I wanted to repair it. It sounded like a win-win to me so I sent it in a bit over a week ago. It is already on its way back. The repairs were done free of charge by DJI. I am happy.

I still don't know what caused the crash. I am going to call DJI to find out. I am very careful when putting on the props but still, some have argued it might have been a lost prop. I now tighten them even more - past snug, more like tight.

Good luck!
Yes......Same with me so far the evidence shows the prop came off....I know I tighten them pretty good....or at-least pretty good in my opinion.....send mine yesterday, it should be there tomarrow, have to wait and see what they say......

Ardy

Do you know anything about FreeMat v4.2, I've been experimenting with it all day, its pretty good and its free.
Another free alternative to Matlab, except unlike R, it can run Matlab code. Also look at GNU Octave which I understand is a bit more compatible with Matlab than FreeMat.

What I like about R is all the libraries available. But the code syntax is different than Matlab's.

Good luck!
overtighten can cause a stress facture and prop failure.

Hello All,
Today I got an e-mail from DJI, It seems that the drone is fixed and they are shipping this back to me. All repairs are covered under warranty which is great.....So I am thankful of that.......
After all the digging and analysis and graphs, I was naturally curious to see what was the issue and kind of wanted to see what the techs conclusion was, I called them. I couldn't really connect with the tech, but the lady who answered the phone read the tech notes, Other than general parts replacement(i.e gimble, camera arm etc). she mentioned they replaced a sensor (FC300). does anybody knows what that is........

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1