Dreaded Drone Crash

Reaction score
Hello everyone, got my son a DJI 3 standard for Christmas and he crashed it two days later. The crash damaged the camera and yaw arm but not so bad that I couldn't put it back together. I replaced the ribbon that connects the camera to the gimbal set. Camera now works, but I hear one of the gimbal motor's running but the camera won't move I could really use your help guys.. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Did you do a fresh gimble calibration in the app? Also redo the all the settings such as IMU, compass, etc.... But I do think it's worth recalibrating the gimble

Neon Euc

Hello everyone, got my son a DJI 3 standard for Christmas and he crashed it two days later. The crash damaged the camera and yaw arm but not so bad that I couldn't put it back together. I replaced the ribbon that connects the camera to the gimbal set. Camera now works, but I hear one of the gimbal motor's running but the camera won't move I could really use your help guys.. Thanks in advance.

Just a guess since I don't know the anatomy of the gimbal yet but whatever moves the gimbal (gears or whatever) might be shredded you'd have to find how to fix or replace a gimbal

Someone on here probably knows all about the gimbals and could tell you more, this just screams to me that the thing that connects the motor to the gimbal is broken

Thanks for the quick response guys, I will try the gimbal calibration and compass reset. I will post if it works. But, as I am thinking it may be more. I noticed in a photo that one of the Gimbal motor shafts has a hole in it. I'm wondering if a plastic arm goes through it to raise the camera up and down.

Did all of the above still nothing. It's weird when you turn the drone on the camera does absolutely nothing.

It's possible that the gimbal sensors or the gimbal drive system was damaged. I'd send it in for a look by the folks who built it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic