Drag racing video filmed with Phantom 2 - 3D gimbal

Reaction score
Here is some video that I shot to supply some stock video for a reality show on drag racing.

Deleted Link

Had to take the link down. Sold the rights to the video. It will turn up on a major TV network soon. :D

I saw it before you had to take it down....good filming! It showed the action of the sport and not all the down time between races that we all know

RedRyderMedia said:
badbrad97 said:
Had to take the link down. Sold the rights to the video. It will turn up on a major TV network soon. :D
Can you share the back story?

Sure. I am doing drone footage for a reality show here in Greenville, SC about hometown drag racing. While I was there shooting the cars and people for the reality show, I was collecting some stock footage for myself. The producers of the reality show said I could keep anything that wasn't specifically tied to the show. So, I made up a video of the stock footage I collected and posted it on YouTube. Within a few hours I had 300 hits and the producers of the show saw it and decided that they wanted to buy the stock footage for filler. So I took down the video from YouTube.

I will say that it was a blast having a "film crew pit pass" and flying all around the cars and up and down the track. The drivers weren't concerned about me flying over their cars (and some were really nice cars) and even encouraged me to get video of their car. There was a huge sign coming into the track that was put up by the producers of the show that said "There will be filming by a drone and on the ground. By entering, you agree to be filmed. Enter at your own risk."

This weekend we have a shoot where the police are closing a stretch of road for street race and police chase. I am really wishing the Phantom had a longer battery life. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic