Downloads and Firmware for P4?

Reaction score
This may have already been answered but have yet to see anything on the DJI website under the P4 heading for downloads or firmware. Does anyone have an idea when these new things will show up at DJI? Every Phantom out there has it's own firmware and downloads, so I will assume that the P4 will be no different. Next thing that I think alot of us are wandering is if there will be a SPECIFIC DJI GO Application for the P4. If there is a new DJI GO App specifically for the P4, I am wandering if I can download it to my iPad 2 Air Cell/wifi and have it beside the Phantom 3 Go App so I can choose which one to use.

Your thoughts and comments will be appreciated.

Considering that the official release date is still 5 days away, they still have plenty of time to post. A P4 manual (in beta form, replete with mistakes and awkward translations) is already available, along with an FAQ and a few other instructions on use of the new features.
https://djitechnologyllc.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/attachments/6017112763

The current DJI GO app will likely simply be updated to include selecting the P4 as your aircraft upon bootup, instead of your specific P3.

Last edited:
Considering that the official release date is still 5 days away, they still have plenty of time to post. A P4 manual (in beta form, replete with mistakes and awkward translations) is already available, along with an FAQ and a few other instructions on use of the new features.
https://djitechnologyllc.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/attachments/6017112763

The current DJI GO app will likely simply be updated to include selecting the P4 as your aircraft upon bootup, instead of your specific P3.
Thanks for the link to the manual!

Interesting that it does mention SD card firmware update possible. The way I see it is, if they want to make it like the phantom 2 through the assistant software, OK. But make it possible as well with a bin file in the SD card for those of us out in the field or on a trip. In my Nexus 7 this is how I do almost all. For anything else I use a USB otg cable. Beats installing software into a hotel lobby computer and then plugging up a phantom into it.
32GB-TF-Card-SD-Card-Adapter-OTG-Smart-Cellphone-Multifunction-Card-Reader-Black_320x320.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav