Downloading Video and Pics

Reaction score
I'm new to downloading video from the SD card and was having trouble loading them to my computer via Windows 10. I tried using a USB adapter and connecting to the AC camera port but had no luck. I searched for the file on my computer but didn't see them. I'm downloading from a DJI Phantom Standard. The videos and pics show up on the app on my iPhone 6 but I can't do anything with them. I didn't format the ss card.

I'm new to downloading video from the SD card and was having trouble loading them to my computer via Windows 10. I tried using a USB adapter and connecting to the AC camera port but had no luck. I searched for the file on my computer but didn't see them. I'm downloading from a DJI Phantom Standard. The videos and pics show up on the app on my iPhone 6 but I can't do anything with them. I didn't format the ss card.
The usual way to transfer files across it to pull the microSD card, put it in an adaptor and pop that in the computer.
Find the files on the card and copy them across.

Reactions: 09victoryrc
The usual way to transfer files across it to pull the microSD card, put it in an adaptor and pop that in the computer.
Find the files on the card and copy them across.
I feel like an idiot but I did that and tried to locate the files but couldn't find them. I got a message from my antivirus ware if I wanted it to scan, that was it. I had a red light on the USB and assumed it was loading but no luck.

I feel like an idiot but I did that and tried to locate the files but couldn't find them. I got a message from my antivirus ware if I wanted it to scan, that was it. I had a red light on the USB and assumed it was loading but no luck.
The files are in the 100Media folder inside the DCIM folder
i-68fbtZm-L.jpg

The files are in the 100Media folder inside the DCIM folder
i-68fbtZm-L.jpg
Thanks for this. I'm new at using Windows 10 and will have to try locating the files in the morning. I live on the coast and got some good footage today for my second flight. I'll try to post them once I figure them out.

You may have selected to do nothing as default in the past for new disks. It should still mount regardless and just sit in my computer.

Reactions: NC Drone
I was able to get them downloaded to OneDrive after a Windows update. What's the best/quickest way to download the videos to email? Im trying to download to 'Google Drive' since the files are to large (3 min vids) but it's taking forever.

That's probably the best way for sharing with others. Or upload to YouTube or Vimeo if you don't care to retain the original.

Im a few more flights ahead of you,I went through the same thing as I'm new,i now have another issue you may have soon. ... my SD card splits up my recording into two files if I go over about 9 minutes. ... someone told me a larger SD card will fix that but I have not tried it yet..its annoying though when uploading a movie and you find out you have 2 to upload.

No a larger card won't do anything. You're hitting the max file size for fat32 and there's nothing that can be done besides manually splitting the video or turning down your resolution so you can record more data in the same time frame. Otherwise the phantom will split it for you when the limit is reached.

Many camcorders do this also.

No a larger card won't do anything. You're hitting the max file size for fat32 and there's nothing that can be done besides manually splitting the video or turning down your resolution so you can record more data in the same time frame. Otherwise the phantom will split it for you when the limit is reached.

Many camcorders do this also.

sounds like its time for me to learn a video editing program to join the two together. ..and add music etc. etc.

Thank you for the help.

Hi - is there no way to get video files off the card via USB direct to the iPad? Do I have to buy a micro sd adaptor?

Thank you in advance!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31