Downloaded drivers and now not starting

Reaction score
Hey all,
I Recently received the Phantom 2 Vision+ ver 3 and downloaded and installed the RC assistant and Phantom software. It was flying great as of last week. Then I read that I should have downloaded the drivers as well. So, reluctantly, I did. I deleted all software first then re installed and also downloaded the drivers. Now everything turns on except motors. Before I did all this, there was some lag from camera to my Samsung Note 3 and also slow and weird response from the camera wheel on upper left of receiver but it flew great. Real nice video as well. I've been flying the Phantom 1.1.1 hanging a Go Pro Hero 2 no gimbal. Yes, I'm old school that way. Man was I surprised at the smooth video! Has anybody experienced this and can tell me what to do. I'm really being frustrated and I don't want to damage anything by continuing to try to install and re install the software on a daily basis.I really love this machine and I know she wants to fly. Any help would so greatly appreciated.

Did you cal the TX in the RC Assistant and then again in the PC Assistant? I bet if you do that your motors will start. Also if your GPS cable somehow broke loose from its connector inside the shell, that would keep your motors from stating as well. I am still betting on the cal.

BlackTracer said:
Did you cal the TX in the RC Assistant and then again in the PC Assistant? I bet if you do that your motors will start. Also if your GPS cable somehow broke loose from its connector inside the shell, that would keep your motors from stating as well. I am still betting on the cal.

Tried that but no go. Here's my stats. What does that "T" letter represent?

Attachments

• phantom.JPG
    phantom.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 456
len750 said:
BlackTracer said:

Here are my new warnings.
Motors Start failure caused by TX stick(s) mid point error too big
If the TX stick(s) mid point error is too big, Motors Start will fail when you execute the Combination Stick Commands (CSC) and lead to the aircraft will not takeoff.. And the LED will blink Red four times per second continually to warn you.
TX stick(s) mid point error too big can be caused by the following reasons:
(1) There is TX stick (except the throttle stick) not at center when power on the autopilot system.
(2) The TX sticks has been trimmed, which leads to the large deviation of mid point. For example, the SUB-TRIM has been adjusted for Futaba transmitter.
(3) The TX stick(s) travel has larger asymmetry.
For the reason (1), please put all TX sticks at the mid point, and then power cycle the autopilot system to re-record the mid point. If the problem continues, that can be caused by the reason (2) or reason (3), you need to adjust the output range of your TX, and then use the Assistant Software to redo the TX calibration. Please carry out the following procedures.
(1) Connect to the Assistant software, click Basic-> R/C-> Command Sticks Calibration, and push all TX sticks throughout their complete travel range to see if any stick cannot reach its largest position.
(2) Adjust the largest travel of TX stick until the cursor on the Assistant software can reach both end positions, according to your TX manual.
(3) Power cycle the autopilot system, note that power cycle is required.
(4) Redo the TX calibration according to the Assistant software.

Thanks John, this bird seems really screwed at the moment. Nothing is working.

len750 said:

In that pic it sure looks like your throttle axis is not calibrated. When you finish the cal in the RC assistant, all 4 of those axes should be centered and green with sticks released. Same with the PC assistant. After the cal in there (first do the cal in RC assistant) all your axes should be centered and green with sticks released. Then move to min and max and center in the graphics as you move them physically.

Make sure your left stick is in the center and not in the aft locked position when you start and finish Tx calibration.

len750 said:
Thanks John, this bird seems really screwed at the moment. Nothing is working.

Alright, thanks to everyone for their help for sure. I just kept doing the sequences over and over until I think either my computer or the Phantom Vision 2+ got tired of dealing with me. ;) So... she is now working, although scroll camera wheel not so much. Hopefully the Android Note 3 app will let me swivel up and down. I'll report back with any changes.The App used to let me do smooth motions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4