download maps offline

Reaction score
Can someone explain the process to me to download maps so I can have an offline satellite map of where im flying while not connected to cellular? I'm using an iphone if that matters.

What i do is turn on my location services/gps on my phone. Then opem the app. Got in to camera mode (phantom off)
And select the bottom left map. Zoom in untill it becomes clear and not blury. Do so with as much territory you think you will me flying in. Doesnt take mich time

Also, make sure you have the "General Settings" --> "Cache Map in the Background" setting enabled in the DJI GO app. Here's what the caching process looks like on an Android device:

Reactions: NotARubicon
If you are flying with Android and want a simple way to add offline 3D maps we've (Hivemapper) recently added this capability.
It works just like Google Maps offline maps, but it provides you with 3D map data for flying.

full

If you are flying with Android and want a simple way to add offline 3D maps we've (Hivemapper) recently added this capability. It works just like Google Maps offline maps, but it provides you with 3D map data for flying.
Are you suggesting the OP use Hivemapper to cache maps for use in DJI GO? Why not just use DJI GO or Google Maps since it's already installed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1