Downlink Video completely unstable since upgrade

ok, restart your computer, and iPad not soft standby but full shut down and power up.

Truthfully, I believe the higher channels and lower channels fall outside the 2.4GHz range. Legal probably got them to limit it.

Thanks for your answer Jeff. Any way to do any harm by applying this hack to the drone ? I have just about 24 flights and still flying a bit too worry about suddenly falling from the sky.... Must be "phantom forum induce paranoia"....

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Thanks for your answer Jeff. Any way to do any harm by applying this hack to the drone ? I have just about 24 flights and still flying a bit too worry about suddenly falling from the sky.... Must be "phantom forum induce paranoia"....
FlyNFrank is a beta tester and suggests that it is a good option. I have taken his advice. A DJI rep/authorized person that remains nameless, used to be on this forum, and it is clear from his posts here and other places, that he installed and used the hack.

Itunes is so frustrating. It won't' show me a list of my Apps. Just a representation of my home sceen so I can't select the DJI APP.

30cbt4x.png

Dysan scroll down on that page. It will show dji go app. Then click add file.

Reactions: brianb87
Thanks guys!. I scrolled down a little further and found where I could add the config file. Had to jump over on my PC to actually do the file copy. The Mac made sure to HIDE the file so I couldn't select it!. THANKS APPLE!.

Thanks guys!. I scrolled down a little further and found where I could add the config file. Had to jump over on my PC to actually do the file copy. The Mac made sure to HIDE the file so I couldn't select it!. THANKS APPLE!.

You should blame Berkley in the 60s as the leading dot denoting a hidden file is a UNIX convention I think.

You maybe on to something here!
Ive only tried 2.7 after the update.
Ill try 1080 this afternoon and see if that makes a difference and report back.

I am also having this problem with my iPad mini 2. It seems that it is really heating up and the iPad is throttling back to compensate. The 2.7k taken from the phantom memory card is perfect.

I am also having this problem with my iPad mini 2. It seems that it is really heating up and the iPad is throttling back to compensate. The 2.7k taken from the phantom memory card is perfect.

Must be a ios thing. I havent seen a android with problems yet.
Also my videos on the card is smooth as well.

Just thought I'd let you know I took care of my video issues by uninstalling the app and installing it over again.
UPDATE:
Completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the iOS app store. Did not reinstall the hack yet. Results are encouraging took about a 12 minute flight with only a couple of momentary flickers both of which occurred when doing a hover/yaw maneuver. I will try a few more flights without the Hack and see where we are then.
I have no idea why this would work especially since I did a fresh install of the GO App update yesterday.....

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Not sure if there linked or not sorry to hijack?

I only have problems jerking. It will be smooth then the video with jerk every sec.

Same as you. Airplane mode and everything off.
Thats using my ipad air.
I thought it was to slow to use so i tried my iphone 6 and it does the exact same thing.

I have full signal but not sure if these two are related or not.

Anyone else have the problems with the ios devices?

Btw i did a clean install on the ipad and installed the 32 channel mod. But both the iphone and ipad was in auto mode
hi yes my video jerks like every second, I am filming with the highest 2.7k/25, the video it takes is beautiful tho. the gimbal is jerky as well i re calibrated it the gimbal but till a little jerky, I will try other settings this morning
edit:
well in the time I wrote this and now I see alot of response to Jeff, i will uninstall and install the app again. and see about the 32 channel hack. and keep an eye on this thread.. thanks all I use the ipad 2mini

Last edited:
UPDATE:
Completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the iOS app store. Did not reinstall the hack yet. Results are encouraging took about a 12 minute flight with only a couple of momentary flickers both of which occurred when doing a hover/yaw maneuver. I will try a few more flights without the Hack and see where we are then.
I have no idea why this would work especially since I did a fresh install of the GO App update yesterday.....

It's my opinion the overall video reception in the app has been reduced in this update. We complained during this project and while it did improve a little it was still less then in the past. However, the 32 mod will take care of all that especially while on C-32.

It's my opinion the overall video reception in the app has been reduced in this update. We complained during this project and while it did improve a little it was still less then in the past. However, the 32 mod will take care of all that especially while on C-32.

Sounds really good. Will redo the hack later today and test it out this evening.
Thanks for all the feedback.
Cheers

Sounds really good. Will redo the hack later today and test it out this evening.
Thanks for all the feedback.
Cheers

When we 1st took delivery of the P3's back in May it had this mod already installed. DJI then removed it at FW 1.1.9 and it was then reduced to the current 8 channels which are also matched with what are used throughout each house we fly above each day. That in turn reduces the P3's range overall. The reason given for removing the channels was said that some were in or near ham frequencies. Most believe that to be a myth though. So anyway, the 32 mod basically puts the P3 back to the way it was when we bought it.

FlyNFrank is a beta tester and suggests that it is a good option. I have taken his advice. A DJI rep/authorized person that remains nameless, used to be on this forum, and it is clear from his posts here and other places, that he installed and used the hack.

I am using an antenna range booster/Windsurfer which I believe has work well and have not experienced any problems with my remote signal or downlink so far. But if this hack will prevent issues, I'll go for it. Hope I don't become a victim of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" phrase...

hi yes my video jerks like every second, I am filming with the highest 2.7k/25, the video it takes is beautiful tho. the gimbal is jerky as well i re calibrated it the gimbal but till a little jerky, I will try other settings this morning
edit:
well in the time I wrote this and now I see alot of response to Jeff, i will uninstall and install the app again. and see about the 32 channel hack. and keep an eye on this thread.. thanks all I use the ipad 2mini
well I just looked at the video off the sd card on my PC and the first I took with it is very nice the gimbal was a bit jerky, but I had a pl filter on it was a sunny day. the second video I took the filter out and added the video caption and I think that may of made it jerk the video caption, so I will experiment this morning thanks

Curious thing for me is that I am experiencing the FPV video instability without the hack but I'm configured for auto on channel 20. I check the channel and there's no noise on 20 based on what the GO app is reporting. So, if the GO app reporting is accurate then this issue for me isn't because there's too much noise on any of my 8 default channels.

I am using an antenna range booster/Windsurfer which I believe has work well and have not experienced any problems with my remote signal or downlink so far. But if this hack will prevent issues, I'll go for it. Hope I don't become a victim of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" phrase...

I also use the WindSurfer along with the 32. The 32 mod will not harm any part of your system. I use the mod for reason I want the ability to fly with in a 1 mile radius in my area should I choose to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers