Downlink Video completely unstable since upgrade

I am getting worse video signal strength, as well, and I should point out that my video feed completely bypasses the iPhone/tablet's software since I'm using Headplay HD goggles plugged into the HDMI video board I installed. Also, I am using a 2w signal booster for the antennas. Lost video feed at not even a mile out. Very odd.

This isn't sounding too good. I won't get a chance to fly until tomorrow, though. Anyone else seeing this?

I had a total app shut down right in the middle of a POI mission. Closed and relaunched the app three times... meanwhile the P3 is just doing circles in the sky. All I could do was raise/lower or increase/decrease the diameter of the circle. Had to initiate a RTH to get it to stop and come back. Only after I disconnected the phone and reconnected was I able to get connectivity back with the P3.

P3A
iPhone 6+ iOS 8.4
new firmware and go app

Could you have just switched from F to P mode?

Gotta strongly disagree but that's why there are choices. [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Really? Not looking for an argument (truth!!!) but do you use both? I do ... every day. PCs have their problems, but file managment on a PC simply blows Apple away in terms of ease of use. Hardware and reliability? Apple, hands down. But "finder" and "launchpad" .... and "numbers"? lol.

Try relinking the RC to the phantom. I had similar issues after the last software update and that seemed to fix it. I now do the following after every update:
Cold IMU calibration
gimbal calibration
Link RC
RC calibration
Compass

Might be overkill but works for me.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Try relinking the RC to the phantom. I had similar issues after the last software update and that seemed to fix it. I now do the following after every update:
Cold IMU calibration
gimbal calibration
Link RC
RC calibration
Compass

Might be overkill but works for me.

I should have mentioned I also do all the suggested calibrations after every update

Really? Not looking for an argument (truth!!!) but do you use both? I do ... every day. PCs have their problems, but file managment on a PC simply blows Apple away in terms of ease of use. Hardware and reliability? Apple, hands down. But "finder" and "launchpad" .... and "numbers"? lol.

This was getting off topic and Admins scare me... sent you a Private conversation about this.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Alrighty then, I just finished the upgrade of my iPhone to 2.4.1 and did the "More Channels Hack". First static test showed lots of dropout and "No Signal" on all channels whether using "Auto" or selecting "Custom" channels between 20 and 32. Completely shut down just the app (the bird and RC still operating) and restarted app on channel 24. Seems more stable after shutting down app and restarting, but still getting intermittent "No Signal" warnings and black screen. Telemetry is completely stable as before. I am going to have to wait for the early more fog and dew to abate before I flight test.

I cam here to post a similar experience. I was testing the new FW today, running latest iOS app on an iPhone 6 (which has historically worked just fine). What I found was that the video downlink showed full signal strength but was very jerky - but only when I had video set to the new 2.7k mode. On regular 1080p it seemed to be fine. I have no idea why that would matter (as it's certainly not sending 2.7k to the RC!) but maybe the video processor on the bird is overloaded? Not sure, but as it stands 2.7k is unusable for me :(

You maybe on to something here!
Ive only tried 2.7 after the update.
Ill try 1080 this afternoon and see if that makes a difference and report back.

I'm a bit new to all these so excuse my ignorance ... Is there any particular reason why DJI limited the channels to 8 instead of 32 ? I'll like to do this hack but I'll like to understand a bit more before doing it. Thanks.

Itunes is so frustrating. It won't' show me a list of my Apps. Just a representation of my home sceen so I can't select the DJI APP.

30cbt4x.png

I'm a bit new to all these so excuse my ignorance ... Is there any particular reason why DJI limited the channels to 8 instead of 32 ? I'll like to do this hack but I'll like to understand a bit more before doing it. Thanks.
Truthfully, I believe the higher channels and lower channels fall outside the 2.4GHz range. Legal probably got them to limit it.

Thanks Frank. I will install it in the morning and test. I've read about it for a month or so but its time to try it.

Just thought I'd let you know I took care of my video issues by uninstalling the app and installing it over again.

Just thought I'd let you know I took care of my video issues by uninstalling the app and installing it over again.
Hmmm That sounds like no fun but at this point I am willing to try anything.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers